DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Put Your Contact Information on Your Drone...

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
I just do not get it…

Why, oh why would folks who spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on a Drone, not put their contact information on it. You know, at least Your Phone Number…

I acquired really nice, high quality stickers for FREE with my information on them, FAA Registration Number, and Phone Number, from the "Pilot Institute", their YouTube Video is:

and their Web Site to order is:

Free Drone Registration Stickers

I can imagine so many reasons why someone wants to remain anonymous, all of them nefarious…

However, for all the good folks who respect the law and are responsible Drone Flyers, why didn't you take the time to put a label on your Drone. At least then, if you are reviewing "Lost & Found Mavics" it's because you've found a Drone, not lost one…

Happy Droning and Fly Safe…

BDC

Drone Label.jpg

I just do not get it…

Why, oh why would folks who spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on a Drone, not put their contact information on it. You know, at least Your Phone Number…

I acquired really nice, high quality stickers for FREE with my information on them, FAA Registration Number, and Phone Number, from the "Pilot Institute", their YouTube Video is:

I can imagine so many reasons why someone wants to remain anonymous, all of them nefarious…

However, for all the good folks who respect the law and are responsible Drone Flyers, why didn't you take the time to put a label on your Drone. At least then, if you are reviewing "Lost & Found Mavics" it's because you've found a Drone, not lost one…

BDC

View attachment 136739
Many probably do no THINK of putting info on their drone - although serial # on the outside case is a FAA requirement. Nobody expects to lose their drone until they do - you know, it doesn't happen to me crowd. Also as you can plainly read in the posts nearly every day from new pilots - they don't understand many of the rules to flying a drone, much less putting a sticker on it in case it needs to be returned to them upon loss. It's ALL a learning process!

Simple Dymo tape works great for me.

Reactions: RobertR
I have name, FAA# and phone on a sticker outside, a owner info file on the SD card. Never lost a drove though either.

Just a guess, but ,maybe the same reason the numbers on the drone pictured have the numbers blacked out. I have my info on my drone including my memory card.
Casey,

Your guess is wrong, the reason I "blacked" out my numbers was not to hide my identity, it is because I want to show the stickers I received. Since I was putting the photo out on the Internet, for the entire world to see, I did not want to take the chance my home phone might become a homing beacon for "unwelcomed" phone calls. The sticker is not blacked out on my Drone as I want the finder to know how to contact me and the finder would not be sending the phone number out to the universe.

If that doesn't convince you, Google Steven Hawking's rational for not sending messages into outer space…

We all want to maintain some measure of anonymity. My name is not Barney, but as you might have guessed from my avatar, my cat might be named Barney DeCat…

757.jpgBDC

I don't think I'm wrong. I merely pointed out that a person's comfort level of privacy vary. I agree with your blacking out your numbers. There are many agencies that are looking over our shoulders and DJI is one of them. This discussion could very well get political when it come to privacy. So, I don't need to be convinced, I'm already there.

Happy Droning and Fly Safe also.

I just do not get it…

BDC

View attachment 136739
Thank you for the link, Barney

Old thread but the link is still appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242