Join Us Now

quad for the re goggles { RTF }

Irish-apple

Reactions
Do I have the re goggles >> yes

do I use them enough >> no

have I more money then sense >> no / yes

question please

I would like some one to say look theres a great little starting racer / quad / drone thats not dji drone and works great with the goggles you just need this and this and bind them

1. think I need the little antenna from dji for the goggles first

2 then a drone and controller { hope the drone has all the parts }

3. anybody like to send a link of something without no work / soldering etc needed for this

charge up / bind / fly etc not crazy money 150 euro max please I wont be racing just buzzing around fields and tight places

please and thank you

Irish,
I use the RE with several micro-quads and 150/180 size quads. The main thing to remember is antenna polarization. You will need to select either right hand or left hand circular polarization. They need to be the same on both the transmitter(quad) and the rcvr(goggles). Typically right hand. Of course the DJI antenna I received was left hand.
Look at this link for more details: FPV Antenna Theory Beginner's Guide - Propwashed
Not sure what's available in Europe nor what exactly your style of flying is but I started with the Vortex 150 from ImmersionRC for outdoor flying. Very rugged and has survived many bounces on the turf.
I also fly these in the house: Quads They are very durable as long as you keep them away from the aquarium( you can guess what happened)
There are several offerings in this class so start looking around to see what's easily available in your part of the world.
You will need a separate transmitter for the quads. This gets a little complicated as there are a couple of different types that have to matched up with the rcvr on the quad. I use a Taranis X9D which uses the FrSky protocol. And of course you have to buy batteries for the quad.

Comparing the DJI RE to the fatshark HD2, which I also have, the RE video is much better and the screen size is definitely a plus.
But the DJI analog RF performance is not nearly as good as the fatsharks as seen when I fly the 180 at distance. In the house I do not see any difference.
I have not tried the digital rcvr in the RE goggles.
Hope that helps.

Steve

Irish,
I use the RE with several micro-quads and 150/180 size quads. The main thing to remember is antenna polarization. You will need to select either right hand or left hand circular polarization. They need to be the same on both the transmitter(quad) and the rcvr(goggles). Typically right hand. Of course the DJI antenna I received was left hand.
Look at this link for more details: FPV Antenna Theory Beginner's Guide - Propwashed
Not sure what's available in Europe nor what exactly your style of flying is but I started with the Vortex 150 from ImmersionRC for outdoor flying. Very rugged and has survived many bounces on the turf.
I also fly these in the house: Quads They are very durable as long as you keep them away from the aquarium( you can guess what happened)
There are several offerings in this class so start looking around to see what's easily available in your part of the world.
You will need a separate transmitter for the quads. This gets a little complicated as there are a couple of different types that have to matched up with the rcvr on the quad. I use a Taranis X9D which uses the FrSky protocol. And of course you have to buy batteries for the quad.

Comparing the DJI RE to the fatshark HD2, which I also have, the RE video is much better and the screen size is definitely a plus.
But the DJI analog RF performance is not nearly as good as the fatsharks as seen when I fly the 180 at distance. In the house I do not see any difference.
I have not tried the digital rcvr in the RE goggles.
Hope that helps.

Steve
awesome answer and you put a lot into it much respect and thanks from me to you so by what your saying is even though the goggle dji have the re version are awesome which I have I be better getting a fat shark and they can then be used with almost any drone / racer etc once the polarisation matches .. cheers again and thanks

Not enough time. Always flying my RC planes or
helicopter. I almost sold it about 3 months ago but I am glad I did not. I am final going to fly it tomorrow. Wish me luck. I hope it blowns me away.

I'm using DJI Googles RE on a racing drone with a pair of FatShark antennas (as both rx and tx). It's much better than the FatShark goggles for sure.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser