DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question About Clearence On RC

JDFMavic

Reactions
Still learning here.... I just found and used the simulator for the first time. I'm fairley comfortable flying helies so learning to work the sticks wasn't a priority for me. However, learning to fly by the numbers is. My question is what information is the "clearance" on the RC giving me? I could be 150' in the air, but have only 6' of clearance. That seems a little scary to me. Can someone please enlighten me?

Still learning here.... I just found and used the simulator for the first time. I'm fairley comfortable flying helies so learning to work the sticks wasn't a priority for me. However, learning to fly by the numbers is. My question is what information is the "clearance" on the RC giving me? I could be 150' in the air, but have only 6' of clearance. That seems a little scary to me. Can someone please enlighten me?

Are you talking about the green, orange, and red bars on the screen of the mobile device. If so, they are bars for the front and rear sensors I believe and I think there will be different flight modes that add some on the side. There are some good explanations of them on the forum if you search for something like "red bars". I can't remember the distances or all the colors, all I remember is that green is good.

Clearance on the controller is the height of the Mavic as detected by the ultrasonic sensors on the bottom of the bird. In actual flight it will display only below approximately 10'. Above that height it will display dashes instead of numbers. Then you read height above take-off point next to clearance. This is driven by the barometer, not the ultrasonic sensors.

Ok, that makes sense to me. I guess I got confused thinking that I was only that high above the tallest obstacle. Thanks for all the input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB