DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question about compass

iglou7

Reactions
Good afternoon. I find it hard to find information about the compass on the screen in the dji go4app. Is there a in-depth video on that somewhere? Please advise. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 26
Here you have something ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can also add that the compass direction shown there is comming from your mobile device ... & it's pretty common that the magnetometer in your device is disturbed by the RC. So attach your device to the RC & then calibrate your device compass ... then all should be pointing correctly. Another way instead of calibrating if disturbed can be to flip your device 180 degrees to perhaps get more distance to the RC.

That's not really a compass but rather an attitude indicator. That provides quite a bit of info including heading, distance and position relative to you. Also shows AC tilt (pitch and roll) in blue.

For it to be accurate relative to the direction you are facing, be sure your device compass is accurate. Androids are notorious for their compasses getting off calibration.

There was a video produced by DJI about it for the Phantom 3 which is still relevant for current models.

Reactions: Gindra
Thank you so much. All the best.

Reactions: slup
That's not really a compass but rather an attitude indicator. That provides quite a bit of info including heading, distance and position relative to you. Also shows AC tilt (pitch and roll) in blue.

For it to be accurate relative to the direction you are facing, be sure your device compass is accurate. Androids are notorious for their compasses getting off calibration.

There was a video produced by DJI about it for the Phantom 3 which is still relevant for current models.
Now I understand! Using an android cellphone I was unable to interpret the readings on the indicator. I also recalibrate the compass for sure. Thanks!

That is a great tutorial. I have seen it before and it helps tremendously. However, one feature that it does not address is the fact that the display will also show how far the drone is from the controller by using the concentric circles (4 circles in total, 3 of which are dashed lines). I have been unable to find any information on what distance is represented between each of the concentric circles. Anybody know the answer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daamian86