DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thumbs Up for DJI

ladyc

Reactions
After landing my Mini 3 Pro on the top of a tree last Sunday, in a forest full of spruce and having no means of retrieving it even if I could find it I contacted Support at DJI to initiate a claim via Care Refresh first thing Monday morning. I gave all the details required, the flight was checked, my fault - not the drone, paid my dues and mid afternoon today my new drone was delivered.
I'm very pleased to give a big thumbs up to the lady who dealt with the claim and DJI for getting the new drone out to me very quickly. Thank you.

My only problem now is a severe case of drone flight anxiety. Oh well if we fall off a bike the best way forward is to get straight back on, broken bones permitting so better get out there tomorrow and do my bit.

After landing my Mini 3 Pro on the top of a tree last Sunday, in a forest full of spruce and having no means of retrieving it even if I could find it I contacted Support at DJI to initiate a claim via Care Refresh first thing Monday morning. I gave all the details required, the flight was checked, my fault - not the drone, paid my dues and mid afternoon today my new drone was delivered.
I'm very pleased to give a big thumbs up to the lady who dealt with the claim and DJI for getting the new drone out to me very quickly. Thank you.

My only problem now is a severe case of drone flight anxiety. Oh well if we fall off a bike the best way forward is to get straight back on, broken bones permitting so better get out there tomorrow and do my bit.
Always nice to see DJI Care Refresh work the way it supposed to especially with Flyaway coverage. From my experience, the shock will last only about a week or two and then you should right back where you used to be in terms of comfort. For me, a serious crash into a pole took about a month to recover and today, even a couple years later, I won't go anywhere near that same pole (tower) as if it was the pole's fault, lol.

Reactions: Cafguy and ladyc
@ladyc glad you have got a replacment ,now get back on the horse and go ride again
but this time, you are a little bit wiser

Always nice to see DJI Care Refresh work the way it supposed to especially with Flyaway coverage. From my experience, the shock will last only about a week or two and then you should right back where you used to be in terms of comfort. For me, a serious crash into a pole took about a month to recover and today, even a couple years later, I won't go anywhere near that same pole (tower) as if it was the pole's fault, lol.
Thank you for your encouragement @mavic3usa, it's appreciated.
I've decided to go back the the forest tomorrow where I had the run in with the tree and lay the ghost, so to speak. I'm keeping well away from the trees though and filming an old, ruined settlement from the air that is centuries old and is what I was supposed to be doing before the tree fiasco.

After landing my Mini 3 Pro on the top of a tree last Sunday, in a forest full of spruce and having no means of retrieving it even if I could find it I contacted Support at DJI to initiate a claim via Care Refresh first thing Monday morning.
Good going and glad you got a drone.
Was this a flyaway replacement rather than a care refresh replacement?
Would you care to post the crash flight's flight log? Who knows, someone might find it following storms and you might at least get the memory card back.

Good going and glad you got a drone.
Was this a flyaway replacement rather than a care refresh replacement?
Would you care to post the crash flight's flight log? Who knows, someone might find it following storms and you might at least get the memory card back.
What's the difference please @Yorkshire_Pud ? The crash was my fault so it was replaced under the Care Refresh that I took out when I bought the drone. Yes, I'll post the flight log if you tell me how to go about it.

Reactions: Torque
What's the difference please @Yorkshire_Pud ? The crash was my fault so it was replaced under the Care Refresh that I took out when I bought the drone. Yes, I'll post the flight log if you tell me how to go about it.
The price and whether or not the drone is returned.
A straight forward care refresh replacement is £62 with the 'damaged drone being returned to DJI, the flyaway excess is £219 and the drone is not returned.

With regards to the log, what computer system do you use, what controller do you use or, if relevant, what phone or tablet?
Basically the process involves finding the log on the screen device and uploading to here directly or to the likes of
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help (see the inetructions lower down that page )
and then posting a link to the log here.

The price and whether or not the drone is returned.
A straight forward care refresh replacement is £62 with the 'damaged drone being returned to DJI, the flyaway excess is £219 and the drone is not returned.

With regards to the log, what computer system do you use, what controller do you use or, if relevant, what phone or tablet?
Basically the process involves finding the log on the screen device and uploading to here directly or to the likes of
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help (see the inetructions lower down that page )
and then posting a link to the log here.
Thanks @Yorkshire_Pud. Sorry for the delay in answering your post I didn't get a notification of it for some unknown reason.
The replacement is classed as a flyaway then as no chance of recovering the crashed drone because of where it landed therefore not able to return it.

I use W11 and an RC controller. DJI sent me a copy of the flight after I'd sent them the info from the RC.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
teach that tree who is boss!
Thank you for your encouragement @mavic3usa, it's appreciated.
I've decided to go back the the forest tomorrow where I had the run in with the tree and lay the ghost, so to speak. I'm keeping well away from the trees though and filming an old, ruined settlement from the air that is centuries old and is what I was supposed to be doing before the tree fiasco

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne