DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about East Coast Florida Shark Migration!

Fredinhidef

Reactions
Has anyone been or seen the blacktip shark migration before? I live in Brevard County which is about 1 hour north of Jupiter and 2 hours north of Palm Beach and was thinking of going down. I did a little research and supposably in the middle of January, they start coming down and stay for a few months. I also heard that Hammerheads sometimes feast on a few. That would be some intense footage.

Since there are thousands of blacktips, what are the chances of seeing this? Is there a specific spot they like to go to every year like the loggerheads? I would assume they are searching for warmer water if so I know manatees like to go to specific spots because the water is always warmer in certain places...like by a power plant runoff or freshwater canal..etc. Hopefully, someone knows a little more about this than I do.... thank you!

I hear New Smyrna Beach is a hot bed for that. I’ve been in Jensen Beach and Jupiter in March and heard surfers talk about blacktip sightings.

Has anyone been or seen the blacktip shark migration before? I live in Brevard County which is about 1 hour north of Jupiter and 2 hours north of Palm Beach and was thinking of going down. I did a little research and supposably in the middle of January, they start coming down and stay for a few months. I also heard that Hammerheads sometimes feast on a few. That would be some intense footage.

Since there are thousands of blacktips, what are the chances of seeing this? Is there a specific spot they like to go to every year like the loggerheads? I would assume they are searching for warmer water if so I know manatees like to go to specific spots because the water is always warmer in certain places...like by a power plant runoff or freshwater canal..etc. Hopefully, someone knows a little more about this than I do.... thank you!
Try to find a copy of the BBC Attenborough documentary, Blue Planet II.
Episode 6 Coasts shows you some very good aerial video of the sharks there

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada