DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about landing ??

Shadowcatcher

Reactions
I've been asked by several friends that if I manually landed, say at 400 yards away, still having good contact with my mm between the controller and the craft, will I have the ability to take off and return to home or am I in for a walk ??

Can't see way you shouldn't be able to do that ... engines will stop when the landing process is finalized, then just CSC them going again & take off. Just try it out on a shorter distance to confirm.

I've been asked by several friends that if I manually landed, say at 400 yards away, still having good contact with my mm between the controller and the craft, will I have the ability to take off and return to home or am I in for a walk ??

Yes you can remote land and take off , we do it on the water all the time with the Sea Lander on the Mavic that allows it to float on the water.

Line of sight is crucial for this to work.

Elite Gear for your Mavic
Phantomrain.org

Yes. I do it frequently when trying to see over mountains with tops over 1600’. Just be sure the landing place has direct VLOS of your drone.

The only problem I can see is if you land on grass. I know my Mini pretty much never takes off from grass as the blades of grass block the props. That said, I haven’t tried using CSC to take off from grass. I usually just hand launch it.

The only problem I can see is if you land on grass. I know my Mini pretty much never takes off from grass as the blades of grass block the props. That said, I haven’t tried using CSC to take off from grass. I usually just hand launch it.

We ordered the flotation balls becuz they come with longer stilts that can solve takeoffs from normal size grass clippings. We don't usually leave the balls on, but the stilts give you a better chance for remote take offs.

The balls do affect performance, but... also provide more height. They may also soften unexpected landing at low level, but thankfully we haven't tried that, and would NOT guarantee they'd stay on.

Rgds, NAVMAV

You should even be able to shut down the motors, restart and take off.
Never tried it, but if you have LOS / clear drone / controller signal, no different to landing in front of you.

I don't think it will record a new home point, but then again it might.
Some people handle flights up mountains I believe this way, to get more than 500m altitude from home point, so it must )might ?) be so.

everytime you land and take off it record a new home point , maybe you can shut this off I don't know . But I do know when I land somewhere out on the property and take off it says new home point recorded.

everytime you land and take off it record a new home point , maybe you can shut this off I don't know . But I do know when I land somewhere out on the property and take off it says new home point recorded.
You can set in DJI GO the location of the remote controller to be the home point

x.JPG

You can set in DJI GO the location of the remote controller to be the home point

View attachment 89142
Yes... but it is not dynamic, ie... not a homing beacon. It just uses the location of the remote, when it took off, as the home point. You can change this to a new location, but it is not automatically done when the remote moves.
There are YouTube tests showing this.

Reactions: Almaz Aswad
Yes... but it is not dynamic, ie... not a homing beacon. It just uses the location of the remote, when it took off, as the home point. You can change this to a new location, but it is not automatically done when the remote moves.
There are YouTube tests showing this.
Yes, it does, assuming your device has GPS hardware. That's the whole point of setting HP to RC position. Dynamic setting is when HP is periodically set to RC position automatically, which is beneficial when on a boat.
If your device doesn't have GPS or Go app doesn't have permission to access the GPS, then you'll get a "Device GPS weak" message.

I set up launching and landing pads (cardboard sheets) almost that far. Landed and took off a few times but never shut down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman