DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about MPP and MP

dragonfly9000

Reactions
assuming Mavic Pro batteries and Mavic Pro controller can fly Mavic Pro Platinum? anyone know?

Yes, they are all interchangeable. The only difference is the color of the batteries.

Last edited:
Even better, the lower cost third party Powerextra Mavic Pro batteries work great in MPP, I've been flying successfully with two of them for the past six weeks.

Reactions: ksmusa
Even better, the lower cost third party Powerextra Mavic Pro batteries work great in MPP, I've been flying successfully with two of them for the past six weeks.

For those pilots who feel comfortable using third party batteries, Powerextra might be a good alternative. I only use DJI OEM batteries because Ive had battery inconsistency errors when using third party batteries a long time ago, and had to send the batteries back.

@Thunderdrones I'm curious to know, were those Powerextra batteries? I tried them in order to spend only $118 on two, vs. $178, based on all positive reviews on Amazon, and also a positive YouTube review by Rick at Drone Valley. I've also read a couple reports of flakiness with DJI batteries.

I have nothing but absolutely rave reviews for DJI batteries. They are very tolerant of operator error and crashes, keep their power for long periods of time, and never seem to lose their punch. I would rather buy a used DJI OEM battery than a new clone. You can get used DJI's for $50-$60. I sell them with less than 20 cycles for $65 shipped. Yesterday, Amazon Prime day had OEM DJI for $59! I didn't buy any because I have too many here..

No, it was not a Powerextra battery I was using, it was a different clone, but all the same, I just dont feel it's worth saving $60 when Im spending $178 anyway. My drone is way too valuable, and I dont want to fight with DJI if they say a non-DJI battery caused my crash.

Good to know, esp re: low cycle used batteries. I've been keeping my eyes open on this forum and DJI's support forum for any reports about DJI rejecting warranty claims.

Good to know, esp re: low cycle used batteries. I've been keeping my eyes open on this forum and DJI's support forum for any reports about DJI rejecting warranty claims.

DJI is pretty good at battery warranty claims. I got 1 DOA battery on a refurbed P4P I bought, and it took them 28 days, but they sent me a new one.

P.S. Battery warranty is only good for 6 months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000