DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about new phone / firmware

RedBully

Reactions
I am headed off on a long motorcycle trip to cross a bunch of high mountain passes like the Beartooth Highway near Yellowstone and Road to the Sun in Glacier National Park. Before leaving, I am picking up a new Galaxy 7s to replace my current phone. I don't normally fly my mavic with my phone as I use a Shield Tablet...however...I need to minimize what I carry with me and want to leave the tablet at home, using the new phone connected to the controller.

I bought my Mavic Feb 1 and have not updated firmware since then as the tablet is never connected to the internet. I don't know what firmware it is on, but obviously, it's an older version. Also, at the same time I got the mavic, I bought Litchi, and that is all that I fly with.

My question is this:

When I get this new phone, can I just install Litchi ONLY as fly it as-is without issues? If not, should I install a certain DJI GO so I don't end up with hassles? OR...am I just going to have to put up with the latest firmware as that's all that is available for a new phone?

Sorry for the basic questions but this stuff evades me completely.

And yes, I know that I cannot fly in National Parks and don't plan on doing so. There is LOADS of amazing area to film outside of the parks.

Thanks for the help!

I am headed off on a long motorcycle trip to cross a bunch of high mountain passes like the Beartooth Highway near Yellowstone and Road to the Sun in Glacier National Park. Before leaving, I am picking up a new Galaxy 7s to replace my current phone. I don't normally fly my mavic with my phone as I use a Shield Tablet...however...I need to minimize what I carry with me and want to leave the tablet at home, using the new phone connected to the controller.

I bought my Mavic Feb 1 and have not updated firmware since then as the tablet is never connected to the internet. I don't know what firmware it is on, but obviously, it's an older version. Also, at the same time I got the mavic, I bought Litchi, and that is all that I fly with.

My question is this:

When I get this new phone, can I just install Litchi ONLY as fly it as-is without issues? If not, should I install a certain DJI GO so I don't end up with hassles? OR...am I just going to have to put up with the latest firmware as that's all that is available for a new phone?

Sorry for the basic questions but this stuff evades me completely.

And yes, I know that I cannot fly in National Parks and don't plan on doing so. There is LOADS of amazing area to film outside of the parks.

Thanks for the help!
Install DJI Go 4 (version 4.0.6) from APK Mirror or another host(find using Google)
Use NoRoot Firewall from Play Store to block DJI Go 4 internet connection
Then you can do whatever initial setup you need and just go back to Litchi.

This is exactly what I did and currently use on my device. Also works to keep DJI app from pestering you about firmware upgrades and other nonsense

Reactions: RedBully
Thanks for the quick advice!

I had never even heard of an APK before but it appears to be a pretty simple process.

I will grab NetGuard unless you have a different recommendation.

Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007