DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about part 107 test

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am working toward my part 107 test and have been watching videos from a couple years ago. They are very good but are they a waste of time? On April 21, 2021, did they just add to the old rules or did they make changes? I am aware of the night flying changes, the remote ID changes, and the flying over people changes. Are there any more? Thanks

Night Ops, over people, and RID are the only changes right now. And I don't anticipate any new ones for 107. If they class you're watching is more than about 6 months old, it's old.

@pilotinstitute really does that the best classes or current content.

I took mine in July and used all of the U tubes and study material. I made a 97 and the only question I didn't know had to do with categories. I just took a guess... There might have been 2 or 3 questions from the post April regs but was not enough to make a pass or fail. Good luck on the test !!!!

Reactions: gspell
Well, certainly the VHR Sectionals and Air Space Classifications would still be relevant.

Reactions: Dbez1
And, operations over vehicles is also included in the new test.

Everything outside of the categories mentioned in this thread are still relevant from older sources.

I reluctantly spent the money for the @pilotinstitute course....later on I was glad that I did go for it..I found that the Youtube videos do give you information for the test...raw data...to me, anyway...pilotinstute's course explains everything...and then some .....and you completer the course with a better understanding of all the data......also with the course, you keep it on your computer and it is available to you for future reference....at this time, however...after taking the course and the test, I have a difficult time keeping track of what applies to recreational flying...and what applies to 107

I paid for the course at remotepilot101.com The fee includes Part 107 exam and recurrent exams for life. Well worth the money.

I paid for the course at remotepilot101.com The fee includes Part 107 exam and recurrent exams for life. Well worth the money.
Where does their website say the price includes the cost of exams?

Where does their website say the price includes the cost of exams?
No not the cost of the FAA exam, just the courses and their practice tests. I meant the coursework for the 107 and recurrent for life.

Reactions: eEridani
I reluctantly spent the money for the @pilotinstitute course....later on I was glad that I did go for it..I found that the Youtube videos do give you information for the test...raw data...to me, anyway...pilotinstute's course explains everything...and then some .....and you completer the course with a better understanding of all the data......also with the course, you keep it on your computer and it is available to you for future reference....at this time, however...after taking the course and the test, I have a difficult time keeping track of what applies to recreational flying...and what applies to 107
Mark,

Thank you for sharing this. I read this, signed up for PilotInstitute (certainly have seen enough of Greg's adds on this forum), plugging through it, and scheduled my test for next Thursday.

I took mine in July and used all of the U tubes and study material. I made a 97 and the only question I didn't know had to do with categories. I just took a guess... There might have been 2 or 3 questions from the post April regs but was not enough to make a pass or fail. Good luck on the test !!!!
Could you send some links that you used to study?

Mark,

Thank you for sharing this. I read this, signed up for PilotInstitute (certainly have seen enough of Greg's adds on this forum), plugging through it, and scheduled my test for next Thursday.
You are really going to need about 20 - 25 hours to devote to watching the @pilotinstitute class...it is a lot of good material

I took my exam literally on the first day of the new regs. I was always neurotic about studying so I put in a lot of time studying for the 107, including a lot of drills on the new stuff, which showed up a lot on the exam - maybe 10 questions. What kind of surprised me were a couple of unusual questions about CG/weight and balance, specific content I never saw on any FAA content or 3rd party content or any practice exams (at least up until my early April exam date). My guesses were correct but that was luck. Surely others have posted about such questions.

Part 107 is invaluable to me. I'm in NW Maine on a job right now, doing an ecological survey on 6,000 acres, and the aircraft are a critical part of my field kit. Did 21 flights in the last two days alone. I'm able to launch and maintain LOS because Maine has killed off 10 million acres of her forestlands and there is no shortage of clearcuts/landings/skid roads to use as launch sites. Still logging 5 - 8 miles/day bushwhacking but it's great to be able to recon at any time especially in spruce doghair/dense regen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov