DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Planned Flight Plans

TexasStar15

Reactions
Question about a flight plan guys. If I plan a flight plan on my tablet, go out and fly the mission, can I stop anywhere along the mission (possibly pause) take a picture, increase altitude and maybe distance from the subject and then resume the mission from where I paused it. Will the drone go back to the altitude in the flight plan and then continue the mission. Hope I explained this right. Thanks

Yes, you can pause the mission. However, when you start again it will return to the pre-planned waypoints

DJI waypoints are actually pretty well implemented. Flew a mission yesterday, didn't like the altitude. Pressed pause, made altitude change to waypoint, selected apply to all, and pressed go to fly it again. Pretty easy.

DJI just needs a desktop planner like Litchi (or at least an import if connected to WiFi). Full mission planning isn't ideal on the tiny RC 2 screen.

DJI waypoints are actually pretty well implemented. Flew a mission yesterday, didn't like the altitude. Pressed pause, made altitude change to waypoint, selected apply to all, and pressed go to fly it again. Pretty easy.

DJI just needs a desktop planner like Litchi (or at least an import if connected to WiFi). Full mission planning isn't ideal on the tiny RC 2 screen.
If you get an RC-N2 and use an iPad Pro as the tablet, you'll have much higher resolution satellite maps, a much larger screen for creating them, and you can then fly them with the RC 2.

…DJI just needs a desktop planner like Litchi (or at least an import if connected to WiFi). Full mission planning isn't ideal on the tiny RC 2 screen.
Try waypointmap.com for the planning part on a desktop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne