DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about posts randomly awaiting approval

R

runeOfRune

Hi, I'm making a thread here because I can't find any sort of page that would list forum staff members so I don't know whom to PM. Anyway.

Recently, a lot of my posts have been "awaiting moderator approval". This is really annoying when I'm trying to provide some insight in a help thread and I have to wait sometimes for hours for the post to be accepted and then everybody misses it. Recently, this happened here (of course you won't see the post yet unless you're a mod) and there's nothing in the post that would "require approval". I'd like to know why this happens because this really demotivates me form posting.

Thanks in advance ?

Thanks for the reply. ? Yeah, I understand it's some kind of word filter, but perhaps it could be made more lenient for people who have been on the forum for a while.

I've only noticed it happen once to me after I spotted at typo and the moderation message popped up when I saved the edit. Couldn't see anything obvious, but since it was in a discussion about enforcement of upcoming legislation in the UK, I guessed either too many trigger words, or maybe just the "Scunthorpe problem" and just waited for the mods to get around to it.

Anyway, maybe a future forum update could let the site tell you what the problem is so you can fix it yourself without wasting a moderator's time. The karma/leniency approach can work too, but I've seen that backfire spectacularly elsewhere when two longstanding forum members got into an illustrated flame war and dragged several others along for the ride. Let's just say the discussion was most definitely NSFW (some of the posts were pretty "creative" though) for a few hours until a mod noticed it...

ya, sorry about this, guys. We ratcheted up the spam controls a bit when we had a ton of it a few weeks back so it does catch words like "weight" and "fat" as those were common in the diet spam posts we were getting. We'll back it off a bit now that things are a bit quieter.

Reactions: BigAl07 and zocalo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N