DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about selecting the best Wi-Fi channel

Monstertails

Reactions
I have been trying to figure out the best Wi-Fi channel to use and I’m having a bit of trouble I’m wondering if someone can help me? I’ve been selecting between 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and I am wondering when it comes to choosing a channel do I look for something that has no line to get the best signal? I understand the red lines are Are channels that are used by something in the area and will create higher interference and the blue line is the channel that I am on But when I choose a channel do I want something with a long green line or no line at all? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Grumpy D
I have been trying to figure out the best Wi-Fi channel to use and I’m having a bit of trouble I’m wondering if someone can help me? I’ve been selecting between 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and I am wondering when it comes to choosing a channel do I look for something that has no line to get the best signal? I understand the red lines are Are channels that are used by something in the area and will create higher interference and the blue line is the channel that I am on But when I choose a channel do I want something with a long green line or no line at all? Thanks in advance
I had not tried this and here is a video that explains it well.

It was a lot better when I chose my own and a lot of people said the same thing about the auto select

My question is, in what types of circumstances is the Auto selection not the best choice?

I was on 2.4 and followed the video and went to 5.8 and chose channel 157 and went from 12 satellites to 16. I have never had problems but it is still nice to grab more satellites.

I was on 2.4 and followed the video and went to 5.8 and chose channel 157 and went from 12 satellites to 16. I have never had problems but it is still nice to grab more satellites.
What’s the connection between your WiFi channel and the number of satellites you lock onto?????

I was trying to choose the channel with the tallest green bar thinking that was the strongest free signal. Guess that could be part of my problem. I am out in the country there are a lot of trees around but it just seems like no matter what channel I can only get about 1000 to 1500 feet and the video completely breaks up. I’m assuming it’s just the design but I also noticed a slight lag when I turn the drone even in my hand while it’s 2 feet from my phone there is a slight delay in the video.

What’s the connection between your WiFi channel and the number of satellites you lock onto?????
There is no connection what so ever. It was just timing that 2 more sats came into view for him to receive. The GPS receiver is on a way different frequency to 2.4 and 5 ghz data communication channels between RC and drone that are been used.

There is no connection what so ever. It was just timing that 2 more sats came into view for him to receive. The GPS receiver is on a way different frequency to 2.4 and 5 ghz data communication channels between RC and drone that are been used.
That was the point I was subtly trying to make!

I was trying to choose the channel with the tallest green bar thinking that was the strongest free signal. Guess that could be part of my problem. I am out in the country there are a lot of trees around but it just seems like no matter what channel I can only get about 1000 to 1500 feet and the video completely breaks up. I’m assuming it’s just the design but I also noticed a slight lag when I turn the drone even in my hand while it’s 2 feet from my phone there is a slight delay in the video.

I think what’s going on here is an issue with your phone/tablet not being able to keep up.
What device are you using?
What version of GO are you using?

Does Litchi help/hurt the connection?
I'm just curious. I sold a Mavic Pro and am waiting for my Mavic air to get here. I typically use Litchi to fly DJI drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS