Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

question about smart controller

Reaction score
Hi

I have some questions after being away for a month flying the drone on the Nullarbor.

I had quite a few instances while the drone was away from me, flying over the sea or over the landscape, where the screen on the smart controller would lose the camera view and all the controller details and go back to the home screen. I would tap enter device to get into the DJI app but it would take a couple of times before I would get the camera view and controller back up on the screen.

I learnt to get over the initial heart palpitations, and just went back into flying it when the screen came back; but it would be helpful to know if this is usual? And if not, what might be causing it? Or, if there is anything I can do to avoid this happening?

Thanks for your help.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I know app crash sometimes happens on regular Android or iOS devices connected to a regular remote, but SC should be optimized for flying.
Much of the time app crashes using the regular remote is caused by flaky USB cable, but of course SC doesn't use a USB to link app to flight controls.

Even when the app crashes, you should still have control of the AC.

Latawiec

Reaction score
Hi

I have some questions after being away for a month flying the drone on the Nullarbor.

I had quite a few instances while the drone was away from me, flying over the sea or over the landscape, where the screen on the smart controller would lose the camera view and all the controller details and go back to the home screen. I would tap enter device to get into the DJI app but it would take a couple of times before I would get the camera view and controller back up on the screen.

I learnt to get over the initial heart palpitations, and just went back into flying it when the screen came back; but it would be helpful to know if this is usual? And if not, what might be causing it? Or, if there is anything I can do to avoid this happening?

Thanks for your help.
Hi. Are you sure you didn't pushed the "back" button that is located very next to to the left stick? You will be surprised how many ppl here has reported this issue just to find out that they accidentally were hitting the return button. Some even has 3d printed some kind of guard to prevent this from happening.

Reactions: ff22

Baba Narr

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your help.
Hi

Thanks for your help.
Hi I too have found this happen to me but it is just by pressing the back button. I just reconnect in normal way. If you really get stuck the Drone should come home after 10 seconds of inactivity.
Interestingly when I turn on the Smart controller first and then the Mavic there is no video feed but camera details etc. No image at all. So I turn on the drone first the the Smart controller now. Seems ok. I think that's a tiny bug.but it has never been a problem flying.
Hope that helps.

ff22

Reaction score
Hi. Are you sure you didn't pushed the "back" button that is located very next to to the left stick? You will be surprised how many ppl here has reported this issue just to find out that they accidentally were hitting the return button. Some even has 3d printed some kind of guard to prevent this from happening.
I think some folks have also reported that there's some icon/option in the upper left corner of the screen (drone is elsewhere so can't fire it up) that also works like a BACK button and drops back to the Opening Go-Fly screen. So it that is accidentally tapped, it will also close the active flying screen.

Last edited:

tiparoch

Reaction score
I have also had the same experience... 3 or 4 times... Once during a very challenging flight, in strong, strong winds over a massive canyon. Not very good timing. Though I cannot swear I didn't touch the button...don't think I did. But as this did not happen with the 'normal' controller ...stands to reason that it could be the culprit. I like the idea of a 3d printed- cover guard.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smisteph