DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the barometer.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I think I have seen mention of the "opening to the barometer". If I am correct and if this opening is small what would happen if it becomes plugged air tight? I assume the barometer warms up as the innards of the drone warm up and I am wondering if the barometer could become pressuried ?
If so, if the drone was launched early in the warm up cycle could this force the drone into an uncommanded climb as the drone attempted to maintain pressure within the barometer?

This stems from there having been a number of threads about uncommanded climbs in cold weather (not related to a 'pressurisung barometer as the logs themselves showed an increase in height i.e. a pressure drop in the barometer) but it made me wonder what if?

These modern Barometers are small, typically 3-5mm. The hole is very small, and I have never seen one get plugged up after using a few hundred of them.

Cheers!

dose any one know where the heck the barometer is on a mavic 2 i replaced the imu /gps/main board and im still getting an error stating the barometer is nott operational restart drone and thats as far as i can get :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian