DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the Mavic Pro Bundles sold on Amazon

Bugsbunnyheli

Reactions
I am ready to buy a Mavic and the choices on where to buy are almost overwhelming.
Looking at Amazon I see a few bundles that have good prices but here are my concerns
I am wondering about the companies that are doing the fullilment.
I see the items I need in the bundles but the prices seems a tad to good to be true.
Have you are anybody you know bought your Mavic on Amazon.

When buying on Amazon, you should make sure the seller is an authorized DJI dealer if you want to be eligible for DJI's warranty. It's okay if Amazon (or the seller) ships the package.

I keep a list of authorized DJI dealers selling Mavics on Amazon here. Look for "Authorized DJI dealer" under the seller's name on the left side of that page.

Reactions: mastasanuh
I would stick with a DJI authorized dealer. You know that you will get genuine DJI parts and recourse if you have problems (check their return policy). There seem to be a lot of fake parts out there so I can see a cheap bundle advertised.

But I am a bit paranoid.

My advice is buy from the place that gives you the best price on the bundle you want and once you do that just get a State Farm personal articles plan for $60 a year, $0 deductible. I bought my fly more combo on Offer Up brand new sealed box. Havn't had any issues and flying like a champ. I wouldn't get dji care refresh. Typically only hear bad stories about it plus you still have to pay to use it.

I am ready to buy a Mavic and the choices on where to buy are almost overwhelming.
Looking at Amazon I see a few bundles that have good prices but here are my concerns
I am wondering about the companies that are doing the fullilment.
I see the items I need in the bundles but the prices seems a tad to good to be true.
Have you are anybody you know bought your Mavic on Amazon.
If it looks "to good to be true" it probably is. There has been too my people having problems buying from third party sellers. I bought mine direct from DJI, and don't regret it. BTW, I am not affiliated with DJI, just an ole retired curmudgeon.

I bought mine from Amazon but can’t remember who the seller was. I did read a post on a forum that I think??? SSE had poor ratings. But now, with Black Friday deals you can buy direct from a DJI store at the same price. I did buy the DJI Care program. No problems thus far

I bought mine from Amazon as it was listed as being shipped from the "Official DJI Store" which it was. That also gave me some peace of mind knowing I could return it easily had there been a problem...there wasn't. Finally, by using my Amazon Visa I got 5% back in credit which effectively reduced the price I paid. Oh, I also struck a deal with my wife to spend an equal amount on herself. So what if I ended up paying twice as much for the Mavic?? <grin>

That also gave me some peace of mind knowing I could return it easily had there been a problem...there wasn't.
If you want to be able to easily return items when buying from Amazon, make sure the item shows "fulfilled by Amazon". When Amazon ships the orders, they can easily be returned directly to Amazon within 30 days.

Check your local Costco if you're in the US they proly have them in stock, if not order it from their online store.

If you want to be able to easily return items when buying from Amazon, make sure the item shows "fulfilled by Amazon". When Amazon ships the orders, they can easily be returned directly to Amazon within 30 days.
You are correct. Thank you. Although Amazon will step in if there's a dispute that won't qualify as "easy."

One of the reasons I was looking at Amazon was the free shipping and no sales tax. 8.25 of over a thousand adds up. All the bundles I see and like are fulfilled be Amazon

I second everyones advice about buying from a authorized dealer. I bought one (amazon fulfilled) but seller was not authorized. I connected DJI assistant, and while it showed that drone was never registered before, it was actually powered up twice and it also showed some .dat file. So not used, but open box or grey item.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Although Amazon will step in if there's a dispute that won't qualify as "easy."
Agreed. That's why I'm suggesting you buy a Mavic that is shipped by Amazon if you want to be able to take advantage of Amazon's return policy. Otherwise, you're going to be working with the seller directly (or with Amazon's help).

I second everyones advice about buying from a authorized dealer. I bought one (amazon fulfilled) but seller was not authorized. I connected DJI assistant, and while it showed that drone was never registered before, it was actually powered up twice and it also showed some .dat file. So not used, but open box or grey item.

Same with mine. It flies fine, though.

Id just make sure you buy from a authorized dealer like suggested above. Those package deals look tempting. But Im glad I went with Best Buy. Gave me peace of mind and I didnt have to wait for it to be shipped to me. ;}

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh