DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question everyone is avoiding..what distance do we get from CE in the uk

Nothing hacked folks prior to this latest update just out where sll zoning has changed , I adopted the normal process as per the UK section in this forum. Application was made to DJI for a zone to fly in as per their app. I received permission from them and what is more important the restriction was lifted. Without it the drone motors would not even start. I have not tried yet under the new zone regulations which seem to be very much relaxed. There is a whole section on this in the UK section of this forum. So to repeat nothing hacked all done under DJI rules. Hooe that helps.

Nothing hacked folks prior to this latest update just out where sll zoning has changed , I adopted the normal process as per the UK section in this forum. Application was made to DJI for a zone to fly in as per their app. I received permission from them and what is more important the restriction was lifted. Without it the drone motors would not even start. I have not tried yet under the new zone regulations which seem to be very much relaxed. There is a whole section on this in the UK section of this forum. So to repeat nothing hacked all done under DJI rules. Hooe that helps.
You are aware that it is the CAA that makes the rules in the UK, not DJI? just Because. DJI allow you to fly does not make it lawful. Just saying this for your sake as I know very well the counter drone capabilities/monitoring in the area that you have been operating. I am not after an argument and if you do not wish to check with Droneassist, CAA or anyone else that is fine by me, just trying to help you.

Reactions: MWCarlsson
@mavic53 not picking at you, just questions because a step was missing in your description: Did you get permission (and a letter, I guess) from the CAA first, and on that basis DJI gave an unlock?

Expect some surprise and questions on the basis of what you wrote... If someone posted DJI unlocked a geozone without mentioning the FAA first authorizing I expect the thread would blow up. With dynamite. 😁😁

lol I am wondering the same thing before I hit that buy button.

People will say it does not matter because we shouldnt be flying BVLOS anyway. Lets not forget that how far out it can go without drop-outs also gives an indication on signal penetration, and how stable the transmission will be when the drone is behind trees and other obstacles. So it should definitely be talked about more.
Beg to differ with this one - "what distance can we get on CE" has nothing to do with estimating signal attenuation whatsoever. That's down to frequency and penetration. Distance and penetration greater with 2.4-2.48gHz: less with 5.8gHz. a big hunk of reinforced concrete or a big soggy tree will attenuate the control signal regardless of frequency whether it's a hundred feet away or over a mile.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1