DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for you AIR 3 strobe users

hedbonker

Reactions
How did you mount it? Where did you mount it?

I was thinking 1 on each front leg - Right side green and left side red like an actual aircraft.

Why ? It’s nothing like an airplane. Nothing is required but a strobe on top so manned aircraft can see it. If you want to be able to see it yourself better, then go for it.

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
I really like the 3d printed mounts for the firehouse strobes from aerial-pixel. I got the 2+2 pack. One strob for each leg.

I really like the 3d printed mounts for the firehouse strobes from aerial-pixel. I got the 2+2 pack. One strob for each leg.

I chatted with them on Sat about the possibility of them making a version for the BRDC strobes that I have and they said it was in the works. Today I get an email saying they are ready - I ordered a 2+2 pack this AM. Very nice!

I use velcro to attach the following Vifly strobes to my Air 3:

Two solid green, one on each front arm.
Two solid red, one on each back arm.
Two white strobes, one on each side of the bottom of the drone pointing straight down.
One white strobe on top front.
One Vifly crash alarm on top rear.

Note: I've tried all lights I can find (including Firehouse), and Vifly lights seem brightest to me. Also, they have a memory so they always turn on with the color and setting you turned them off with.

(Hope I worded that right. Just woke up.)

I've attached it to the rear as shown. No issues with GPS. Open to change if there is a more optimal location.

IMG_3695.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard