DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on editing photo and videos machine

So you recummend the 2017 model imac pro?
Which specs you got with it?
I wanted the 2019 i9 mbp with 2tb vega 20 and 32gb ram.
But have read in many places that it has thermal throttling .. afraid to pay that much and recieve an heating device..
Here's what I have been using for post with FCPX. No way is it the most powerful iMac, but I'm very happy with it.

I purchased a refurbished iMac Pro for about $4500. I really like SSD's, so I poured more cash into a couple of 2tb drives, with the native drive at 1tb. What threw me into Apple regardless of overpricing is the seamlessness that the Apple platform has with my iPhone, and the iPad I have for flying my MPP. I originally started with an underpowered Windows laptop from Dell using Power Director... what a disaster. I did not want to pay an annual subscription to Adobe, so I liked the idea of a one time cost for FCPX. Additionally, I eventually want to write my own apps for my iPhone. But my experience with this iMac Pro and FCPX has been great... quiet (no fan sound), fast, stable (no cooling issues), and seamless. I know one can get more power in a Windows machine for the price, but I had the attitude "screw the money" for the sake of the other issues.
Lastly, I've been looking to move up to an Inspire and the ProRes capability it has to fit seamlessly with FCPX. But first I'll have to remortgage my house!

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.32.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.32.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.33.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.35.28 PM.png

Here's what I have been using for post with FCPX. No way is it the most powerful iMac, but I'm very happy with it.

I purchased a refurbished iMac Pro for about $4500. I really like SSD's, so I poured more cash into a couple of 2tb drives, with the native drive at 1tb. What threw me into Apple regardless of overpricing is the seamlessness that the Apple platform has with my iPhone, and the iPad I have for flying my MPP. I originally started with an underpowered Windows laptop from Dell using Power Director... what a disaster. I did not want to pay an annual subscription to Adobe, so I liked the idea of a one time cost for FCPX. Additionally, I eventually want to write my own apps for my iPhone. But my experience with this iMac Pro and FCPX has been great... quiet (no fan sound), fast, stable (no cooling issues), and seamless. I know one can get more power in a Windows machine for the price, but I had the attitude "screw the money" for the sake of the other issues.
Lastly, I've been looking to move up to an Inspire and the ProRes capability it has to fit seamlessly with FCPX. But first I'll have to remortgage my house!

View attachment 83503View attachment 83504View attachment 83505View attachment 83506
Nice,
I have saw that the basic model of the imac pro which you have ,have similiar specs like the 2019 imac full loaded and still much cheaper
I think ill get the maxed imac 2019 or the mbp im realy want the fcpx

If just premiere pro was stable i was goin with the desktop build

Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej