DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on phone screen

Frazzy

Reactions
I have a question about what you see on the phone screen while you are flying, vs what you get from the sd chip viewing it later.

I got brave enough since Im still in beginner mode, to look at the phone screen while flying. I have an IPhone 7+. All of my settings are on automatic and also unchanged from the factory. I am not a photographer at all. I see basically a washed out screen with not much color. Should I see something better or should I record something and then see what it looks like. I have none of these filters you all speak of, and also I would have no idea what to even order.

Help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
You will get a better quality video/picture from the SD card. Your phone display will show you a lower resolution version of the original. As far as washed out screen, try turning the right wheel of the RC one way or the other to adjust for conditions. If it makes a difference if you are in the shade you may need a sunscreen. Some iPhones don't do well in sunlight.

ND (neutral-density) filters slow down the shutter speed to get a smooth, non-jittery video. There are tons of videos describing that.

Are you sure you haven't accidentally changed the exposure? (Wheel on right).
I know I caught this accidentally on my first couple of flights ... in which case what's on the card will be similarly affected.
If so, adjust back to +/-0 EV.

You might need a ND filter, depending on how bright it is, also read the manual, to adjust the camera settings before you fly and how to do it during your flight. And don't worry about looking at your phone, just hover and look at your phone, adjust the camera settings as required for best screen view. Also, the photos will probably look better then what you see. on the screen.

Ok, Thanks. I very well could have moved the wheel. Lol I have probably moved that wheel accidently trying to move the camera up and down. I guess that is why I am still in voluntary beginner mode until I learn a lot more. I will give it a go as soon as I can.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Ok, Thanks. I very well could have moved the wheel. Lol I have probably moved that wheel accidently trying to move the camera up and down. I guess that is why I am still in voluntary beginner mode until I learn a lot more. I will give it a go as soon as I can.
You can check the wheel/exposure setting with it on the table in the house. You'll see the EV setting change on RC and in the phone app. (Actually - you don't need even need to connect your phone - that only displays what the RC is telling it to display.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954