DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on Repair work

Bigbird48

Reactions
My Mavic Air was giving me gimbal motor over load errors. after a crash. I did all the calibrations and they said successful but I still got the errors and the video was very shaky . I assume because the gimbal was not working properly. Anyway sent it in for repair and they tell me their replacing the camera and gimbal at a cost of over a third the price of a new drone:mad:. My camera was working fine so why replace that? anyone else have this done?

I assuming, but I'm sure for DJI the camera/gimbal assembly comes apart as one, or easier to replace.

At $200-250 I would say you couldn't get a decent drone for that price...I would pay it.

Can I ask how much the total was? DJI does not repair, they usually replace, and they keep your old one to repair and sell to someone else. They are probably charging you for a whole new gimbal even though only 1 ribbon cable or motor assembly might be broken.

there charging $316 I told them I want the replaced parts returned to me as I already paid for those new drone is 799

Can you tell me what the problem is? Did you have a crash?
Yes, MA crashed into a river, it was submerged less than 30 seconds. I dried it out and flew the next day. It flew fine and gimbal worked fine for about 1-2 minutes. Gimbal then started to shake and jerk around uncontrollably. It's a non-stop vibration until I try the "gimbal reset" and then it really goes crazy and jerks around until it goes into "overload".

With water, it's hard to say for sure. I would say it might be that your gimbal ribbon cable got torn, is a little bit loose in the connector, or possibly water got into one of the connectors. The good news is that you have video and the Air still connects to the controller.

The weird thing was gimbal worked fine when I first turned it on in the morning before I went to the flight area... it was on for about 5 minutes. No problem. Then it worked fine again when I launched for another 1-2 minutes before it went wacko. Does this mean anything?

exactly what happen to me got a quick dunk then was ok for few mins then gimbal errors ,DJI said they had to repalce the cam and gimbal 229 = labor and ship 332 total

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC