DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question on shooting vdieo

Scoobychief

Reactions
alright folks got the mini 2 and i have noticed that when i shoot videos say 15 minutes it is saved over say 4 or 5 files dji-001 to 5 say, now i usually transfer it to my computer and watch and then format my sd card inside the bird, now when i go out and shoot videos again and transfer them them to the computer it allways has the same file ie dji-001 etc.. now i cant remember what i did on the air but that would never happen. is there a way of the drone saving the files so that they do not repeat? if that makes sense.

I do the same but format in the PC.
I put my recent flight video’s in a new folder on the PC and rename the ones I don’t delete, I then transfer them to the drive I keep my video’s on putting them in relevant folders.
You could make folders referring to date taken or subject matter making it easy to find them again.

Alternatively you can set the counter to continuous instead of reset, I think that works even if you format the card but I never look so don’t really know.

I do the same but format in the PC.
I put my recent flight video’s in a new folder on the PC and rename the ones I don’t delete, I then transfer them to the drive I keep my video’s on putting them in relevant folders.
You could make folders referring to date taken or subject matter making it easy to find them again.

Alternatively you can set the counter to continuous instead of reset, I think that works even if you format the card but I never look so don’t really know.
cheers where do you set the counter to be continous is this done in the dji fly app?

Can’t help with the fly app I don’t have anything that uses it, however the counter is set in the Go4 app.

Can’t help with the fly app I don’t have anything that uses it, however the counter is set in the Go4 app.
yeah thats what im saying the mavic air i had and was using the go 4 app had something that the videos woudn't repeat, but i now have the mavic mini 2 which uses a defifferent app the go fly. so i'm snookered.

alright folks got the mini 2 and i have noticed that when i shoot videos say 15 minutes it is saved over say 4 or 5 files dji-001 to 5 say, now i usually transfer it to my computer and watch and then format my sd card inside the bird, now when i go out and shoot videos again and transfer them them to the computer it allways has the same file ie dji-001 etc.. now i cant remember what i did on the air but that would never happen. is there a way of the drone saving the files so that they do not repeat? if that makes sense.

If you're dumping from the card to the computer, the computer (be it windows or mac OSX) will tell you that the files already exist and if you want to overwrite them. You would have to had said yes to that and it ended up overwriting.

I never dump the card over an existing backup but rather this is my workflow

1) Start of the day (or trip), I go into settings and I format the card first
2) I do my shooting for the day/trip
3) When I get home, I create a folder on the computer that's dated, for example "2020-11-06 Some description" (so that my folder listing is listed chronologically when sorted by file/folder name)
4) I drag and drop the DCIM folder into that (the root folder will usually have my finished copies, the DCIM folder my working copies, and further down that that are the raw source files).

I usually don't format the card immediately after until I've at least copied that dated folder to a backup location first.

And as Cyborg said, you can usually set for the numbering to be sequential between shoots or to reset when the card is formated (or changed for a new card).

If instead you are saying that the files are being replaced on the phone, the phone only saves a 'cache' which is never meant to be permanent. The oldest cached copies (which are lower quality than that on the card) are deleted when the total cache storage exceeds the limit you set in the settings.

I don't recall having to change the counter setting in Fly for my MM1, so I assume continuous is default. I'm fairly certain my files aren't at 1 after formatting the SD or moving them to a subfolder. With the moving of all root folders to a created folder is effectively seen by the AC as a format where it recreates all the folders and files at root.

If you want to reset the counter to a particular number, create a dummy video file with the number you want to resume from. So if you want to continue with the next file number being 100, create a text file in the video folder, rename it as a video file containing the number 99.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98