DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on the meaning of altitude in Litchi

WolfgangStiller

Reactions
I have just gotten Litchi and flown a couple of waypoint missions with my Mavic in my neighborhood. This software really expands my ability to take smooth video.

One thing I can't find in the docs anywhere is the meaning of altitude. In a flat area, it's clearly elevation above ground level (AGL) according to the docs but is it really altitude above starting point? In other words if I am flying in the mountains (most of my intended photography is in terrain with dramatically varying elevations) is the elevation I set on a waypoint or POI above my starting point or is above the surface elevation at that point?

Thank you, dam! That's a pretty slick way to automate keeping the altitude set to a desired AGLvalue in Litchi. That's going to be very useful to me for when I can do detailed planning in advance. Unfortunately, I often need to setup the waypoints on the spot using the Litchi in the field.

That of course answers my question: Litchi elevations are not AGL but relative to launch altitude. I wish Litchi had the ability to set altitudes relative the the ground rather than the launch elevation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas