DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question re: Mavic 2 Pro Intelligent Battery on Black Friday sale

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Sort of confused. I am getting DJI's Black Friday sale e-mail promoting Mavic 2 Pro intelligent flight battery for $159 USD. Firstly, I have had my batteries for about a year and they are working just fine. I cannot tell you how many flights, but no swelling and they charge just fine. Amazon features the same product for less right now. What to do???? See attachment for Amazon ad.Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.03.43 PM.png

$115.00 USD, $113,00 USD, $ 143.00 USD. ????????
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.03.43 PM.png

Reactions: NG Wildman
Sort of confused. I am getting DJI's Black Friday sale e-mail promoting Mavic 2 Pro intelligent flight battery for $159 USD. Firstly, I have had my batteries for about a year and they are working just fine. I cannot tell you how many flights, but no swelling and they charge just fine. Amazon features the same product for less right now. What to do???? See attachment for Amazon ad.View attachment 117558

$115.00 USD, $113,00 USD, $ 143.00 USD. ????????
View attachment 117558
The Air 2 might be OK, I have no info on that.

But DO NOT buy the battery for M2 pro. It is sold by Beach Camera. A couple of days ago, I received two M2P batteries supplied by Beach Camera. Both were manufactured on 10/2018 (talk about sitting around!), without the outside DJI boxes (that was a clue they were used), were not in hibernation, and one had 3 charges on it. The good thing is that they are fulfilled by Amazon which provides free returns on this listing. My two batteries are now at the UPS pick up site on the way back. If you want to take a chance, there is very little risk and you might actually get "new" ones. Or, you just might get the ones that I sent back!

After this experience, I just ordered two from DJI. You get what you pay for!

The Air 2 might be OK, I have no info on that.

But DO NOT buy the battery for M2 pro. It is sold by Beach Camera. A couple of days ago, I received two M2P batteries supplied by Beach Camera. Both were manufactured on 10/2018 (talk about sitting around!), without the outside DJI boxes (that was a clue they were used), were not in hibernation, and one had 3 charges on it. The good thing is that they are fulfilled by Amazon which provides free returns on this listing. My two batteries are now at the UPS pick up site on the way back. If you want to take a chance, there is very little risk and you might actually get "new" ones. Or, you just might get the ones that I sent back!

After this experience, I just ordered two from DJI. You get what you pay for!
Hey-Radio Man-I don't think you answered my question yet. I am simply not seeing any great deal on the DJI Black Friday sale, and am wondering if I should preemptively buy an extra M2Pro intelligent battery in case one of mine starts to go. I always order from DJI and have had great success with them despite all of the Forum criticisms.

Reactions: RMuntan
When you boot up your controller and aircraft, you can tap the aircraft battery icon at the top right of the screen and the battery status will be displayed, if you click on 'details' you will see exactly how many charge cycles that particular battery has.
Depending on how the battery has been used, maintained and stored, you can expect to get well over 100 cycles on a Lipo pack without any swelling and only modest decreases in flight time.

I've had LiPo's with upwards of 200 cycles and two years old, with no swelling and only about a 10 - 15% percent decrease in flight times but it all comes down how they are used, maintained and stored.

I currently have two Mavic 2 Pro batteries that I got from Amazon along with the original battery that came with the aircraft, at the time (five months ago) they were 134.00 and are performing as expected.

You mention you want to get a battery now as a 'preemptive' measure in case one of yours goes. I would say that's not a bad idea. Keep in mind that new batteries are shipped in hibernation mode and in that state, the battery can go for a year or more without any negative effects - I recently bought a new battery (different drone) new in box and never charged, it is at least two (2) years old and when charged, it performs as good as the originals did.

As for the prices now, I would expect to see them drop as we get closer to holidays and the end of the year.

Here is a screen shot of one of my three batteries-these readings look ok to me- what do you think?

By the way- the Black Friday sale on these is not worth it, I think.

Attachments

• battery status.jpg
    battery status.jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 13
When last year my original 3 M2 batteries showed swelling, I found some decent deals on Amazon.
A 2-pack in September for $275 sold by RotorLogic, a single in October for $126 (discounted by Amazon from $136) from DealsPro1.

I believe these had free returns so I took a chance. All three were in factory shipping storage mode and sealed boxes.

When last year my original 3 M2 batteries showed swelling, I found some decent deals on Amazon.
A 2-pack in September for $275 sold by RotorLogic, a single in October for $126 (discounted by Amazon from $136) from DealsPro1.

I believe these had free returns so I took a chance. All three were in factory shipping storage mode and sealed boxes.
That is helpful. I've made the decision just NOT to buy pre-emptive batteries for now. My three fly-more batteries are doing just final after a year of using them in rotation. The DJI savings is not enough to warrant buying anything from DJI now.

Is there really enough savings to make one push up the timeline on a potential purchase before the need arises? Personally I've long time been sick and tired of sales promotions that are long on the promotion and short on the "sale" (discount). As an example, DJI (or other drone/camera retailer) can offer me 10% off on something "for a limited time" but will charge me 10.25% Cook County Penalty tax plus shipping, but I can order from B&H, get the tax discounted with free shipping any day of the week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife