DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question regarding 360 deg pano

Last edited:
Finally, got someplace interesting today:

Gold Creek Pond, Snoqualmie Pass, WA

Gold Creek Pond, Snoqualmie Pass, WA

I was facing 180 degrees from one another. I saw a message/prompt while it was processing to the effect of "filling in sky"

Decent sky fill! This method is more involved , but one can use a 3 D printed adapter to attach a Go Pro to the top of the Mavic that shoot pictures as well and one can use those to fill the sky. Timing the shots using the built in timed shot mode is key.

Reactions: ff22 and Nine-Oh
Decent sky fill! This method is more involved , but one can use a 3 D printed adapter to attach a Go Pro to the top of the Mavic that shoot pictures as well and one can use those to fill the sky. Timing the shots using the built in timed shot mode is key.

I have to admit, and being a ZOOM owner is probably a good hint - I am not a perfectionist in this endeavor. (g)

I don't own a gopro and won't be investing in one to fill in the sky. I'll say - these generally work just fine. I'm not selling real estate and that pond is not for sale although there are some summer homes tucked in the nearby woods. At one time there was an effort to privatize the area but now it is a marked forest service trail.

But seriously, I am amazed that the drone does such a terrific job on its own. I recall the first time I took a 360 and watched and waited and twiddled my thumbs hoping the drone was okay for that long. I still watch the percentage meter ticking off the completion rate. Same with a HyperResolution. And I really appreciate the fact that someone did point out the practical reason it does not have the overhead shot - the camera can't angle up that way.

What a fun hobby and finally getting out to a really scenic place rather than my 5,000 square foot yard was a kick. Oh, and I may have sold one yesterday. While it was up there two guys wandered by and I showed them some flight maneuvers including Precision Landing. There were impressed by how quiet it was and then I showed them what sold me on the drone when I saw on in Sept. It folds up really small!!!!

Reactions: lilewis
Accidentally found something interesting today. I was showing a Kuula 360 on my phone to someone this morning. As I moved the phone, the image rotated automatically. As I did a 360 rotation holding the phone the image moved accordingly!

Reactions: lilewis
lol Yeah that's one of the cool things about the 360's. It's like Virtual Reality. :)

Reactions: ff22