DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question - Sharpest Photo - Stacking?

MrEddieNunez

Reactions
Hey All-

Question. Which mode is the best on the Mavic Pro 2 or Zoom in order to get the highest quality photo? I am currently shooting raw but I would like to stitch photos together. So in order to get everything in focus and really high quality, which mode should I shoot in? AEB or Pano?

Thanks for your help!

Hey All-

Question. Which mode is the best on the Mavic Pro 2 or Zoom in order to get the highest quality photo? I am currently shooting raw but I would like to stitch photos together. So in order to get everything in focus and really high quality, which mode should I shoot in? AEB or Pano?

Thanks for your help!
AEB and pano are not the same thing and not mutually exclusive.

Pano is pretty easy to understand it takes photos while turning the drone and camera which can then be sticker together to get a wider view into a single photo. AEB (auto exposure bracketing) will take 3 or 5 identical photos the only difference being that they will all be different exposure levels. So in a 3 exposure AEB sequence you will have one photo correctly exposed, one photo under exposed(too dark) and one photo that is over exposed (too bright). Then later those photos will be combined to give you a high dynamic range photo which will enable you in post to get very crisp contrast without blowing out the highlights or the shadows in the image. As you could probably tell this is a bit more complicated than pano and requires a good amount of work in post.

So tobtake it even further you can combine those two methods to create a high dynamic range pano. It will take multiple AEB sequences with the drone pointed in different directions that can all be combined into a single wide angle HDR. Takes lots of computer power and software like photoshop or lightroom to do

Reactions: Thomas B
So in order to get everything in focus and really high quality, which mode should I shoot in? AEB or Pano?
Getting everything in focus should not be a problem as long as you just focus properly.

Good advice above but it also depends on what type of photo! is the subject stationary? Is there lots of light? Are there subjects in the photo close by and far away you want in focus at the same time? How large of a print do you want, or is it just for posting online?

Thank you all for the great tips!

I’m trying to capture vertical stationary photography to print poster size photos.

Thank you all for the great tips!

I’m trying to capture vertical stationary photography to print poster size photos.

If you’re doing aerial nodal shots (straight down), Using a small f-stop Along with a higher speed on the shutter will help Increase image sharpness. Don’t use the smallest f-stop though, lenses are usually optimized one or two stops before that. I typically use f/8 when possible. Also don’t let the ISO go to high, try to keep it below 400 if possible. Flying closer to the ground will definitely give you more detail, if you’re shooting a stationary subject with no moving water or wind moving trees and things like that, tile the photos and getting close is much better than trying to get the whole area in one shot.

Try Topaz A.I. Gigapixel It will sharpen them up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu