DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question: Traveling with Mini 2 and the prop blade screw driver

Honk

Reactions
Hello folks,

I'm flying from U.S. to Italy with my Mini 2 in its fly more combo case with extra prop blades and the little screw driver (etc.) as part of my carry-on baggage. I have no checked baggage.

Question: Has anyone had their screw driver taken by TSA or Italian security?

I ask because once I flew with a mini-screw-driver set and they took it. They saw it in the x-ray and kept asking about a dart set. I didn't connect the question to the driver set. Once we determined what they were seeing and pulled it out, they kept it.

Grazie!

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Has anyone had their screw driver taken by TSA or Italian security?
With "tongue-in-cheek" I would advise you not to "screw" with the TSA or Italian security?

Well, I would advise you to only take one Good Screwdriver (Philips #0 I think…) from the set, not the whole set. I tried the DJI screwdriver and dumped that almost immediately, its head is too small, it does not fit that well, and the handle is so thin, you really cannot get a good grip on it…

If asked about the screwdriver, you can show them the spare propellers and the screws that are used to mount the props, the other screwdrivers are not needed…

Last edited:
Reactions: Honk
You just paid for they to kindly steal your screwdriver and props, basically.
I do not understand, perhaps it’s a difference in the way it is said in English and the way it is said in Spanish.

But previously the OP had the whole set of screwdrivers taken, the authorities did not have a good reason for the OP to be carrying all those tools… Remember, a screwdriver could be used as a weapon…

A single small screwdriver with a specific purpose, to remove and attach propellers should not cause a problem.

But worse case, the screwdriver is taken, the OP can alwasys buy a new one once in country…

I appreciate the humor and advice regarding the driver.
As a follow on thought, you wrote that they saw the screwdriver set in the Xray, so, do not pack the screwdriver separate from the Drone and the Propellers, keep all of them together and you might even mention that there is a small screwdriver for drone repair...

Reactions: LoudThunder
Hello folks,

I'm flying from U.S. to Italy with my Mini 2 in its fly more combo case with extra prop blades and the little screw driver (etc.) as part of my carry-on baggage. I have no checked baggage.

Question: Has anyone had their screw driver taken by TSA or Italian security?

I ask because once I flew with a mini-screw-driver set and they took it. They saw it in the x-ray and kept asking about a dart set. I didn't connect the question to the driver set. Once we determined what they were seeing and pulled it out, they kept it.

Grazie! I have flown with the DJI supplied screwdriver on several occasions with no issue.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas