DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question

crondina

Reactions
Greetings All,
I am new to this forum. I am a U.S.C.G. licensed Master Captain, and I am upgrading to a Mavic Air. Most of my use of my aircraft will be over water. I use an iPhone X Max that is in a waterproof case. Similar to an Outter Box. My question is for those to those who own a Mavic Air. It is hard to tell from internet picture if the phone would fit in the controller holder in a case, versus having to be removed from the case.

Can anyone who owns a Mavic Air shed any light on this? I have emailed DJI support days ago with this question and never received a reply. ... Thanks, Caesar

Greetings All,
I am new to this forum. I am a U.S.C.G. licensed Master Captain, and I am upgrading to a Mavic Air. Most of my use of my aircraft will be over water. I use an iPhone X Max that is in a waterproof case. Similar to an Outter Box. My question is for those to those who own a Mavic Air. It is hard to tell from internet picture if the phone would fit in the controller holder in a case, versus having to be removed from the case.

Can anyone who owns a Mavic Air shed any light on this? I have emailed DJI support days ago with this question and never received a reply. ... Thanks, Caesar
No it won't unless it is thinner than the maximum thickness quoted clearly on DJI's specs for the Mavic Air on their website - 8.5mm

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.

Look for an aftermarket device support bracket that works with the Air controller (basically the same size wise as the M1P and M2 controllers).
Like this . . .

Works with or without a case.

Have you thought about the controller ?
They are not waterproof either.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for the welcome. Someone was kind enough to answer my question. I may have to buy a used iPhone and not activated for service since the GPS function and Wi-Fi function will work regardless of go phone activation. Since I’m using the drone on the water, I hate to take my iPhone out of its protective case.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

Look for an aftermarket device support bracket that works with the Air controller (basically the same size wise as the M1P and M2 controllers).
Like this . . .

Works with or without a case.

Have you thought about the controller ?
They are not waterproof either.
Thanks. That should work. Yes I thought about the controller. But I can replace that quite inexpensively Versus an $1100 cell phone.

Someone was kind enough to answer my question.

Yes, 8.5mm, but most (I dare say all ?) waterproof phone covers are thicker for sure, so the mount linked will do the job.

Was going to suggest you could use a large ziplock bag with appropriate holes for antennas etc to poke through, and hads through the opening below controller.
This would keep 99% or water splashes off it at least, and that is probably enough to protect from in your use.

Thanks for your assistance and suggestion. Anything on the water could be tricky. This seems like a good drone to go with for what I will be using for. I was looking at the Zino Pro as well. It just doesn’t have obstacle avoidance and I know when my grandson spends a weekend with me, he will want me to teach him to fly it. Preventative thinking. Lol

It just doesn’t have obstacle avoidance

Obviously you won't need it at sea :)
But with the youngster flying it sometimes, a great thing to have.

Be aware it isn't totally foolproof.
It won't pick up masses of fine twigs, foliage, small branches, telephone / electric cables, etc.

Best to do what all beginners should when starting . . . fly at a large open flat area, like a park oval or sports ground, until reasonably able to control the drones basic movements and features.

Reactions: crondina
O
Obviously you won't need it at sea :)
But with the youngster flying it sometimes, a great thing to have.

Be aware it isn't totally foolproof.
It won't pick up masses of fine twigs, foliage, small branches, telephone / electric cables, etc.

Best to do what all beginners should when starting . . . fly at a large open flat area, like a park oval or sports ground, until reasonably able to control the drones basic movements and features.

Trust me. That little man will learn in an area with little to no obstacles.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai