DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CRYSTALSKY MONITOR

TOMWOLVES

Reactions
Hello All CrystalSky users, I'm thinking about purchasing a CrystalSky Monitor 5.5, I am a bit confused as to what I need to use this monitor. Now I have a "Phantom3 Advanced", and a "Mavic Pro Platinum". I want to use the CS monitor for my P3ADV, and my MPP.
(1) As far as USB- C , what do I need? USB-C 2.0 or 3.1 where do I purchase one with the right length?
(2) Will the Phantom3 Advanced charger work charging the batteries for the CS external batteries?
(3) Where and what mounts will I need to use with my P3ADV and my Mavic Pro Platinum?

Why, Why can't they make this monitor come with at least some of the attachments? When I get this I want to use it, not have to wait for the mail for this and that. I know I can use a USB - micro but when I get this monitor I would like to use the bottom connection, which I believe the USB- C. Thanks for your replies and help in putting me in the right direction.

As far as USB- C , what do I need?
I'll stick to the 3.1, because then you can use it for other things. - But as you must/should buy a mount for your CS, that cable is not necessary, because it comes with the mount
where do I purchase one with the right length?
Try Amazon or your local electronics shop.
Will the Phantom3 Advanced charger work charging the batteries for the CS external batteries?
Yes
Where and what mounts will I need to use with my P3ADV and my Mavic Pro Platinum?
for the P3A Buy CrystalSky Remote Controller Mounting Bracket
for the Mavic Buy CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket

Reactions: TOMWOLVES
I'll stick to the 3.1, because then you can use it for other things. - But as you must/should buy a mount for your CS, that cable is not necessary, because it comes with the mount

Yes

DJI no longer has the mount for the Mavic, out of stock, and they said they don't know when they will be in stock. Thank you for your help Keule .

Reactions: Keule

Yes

Is the port on the side of the Crystalsky the USB 3.1? That works as well as the USB C at the center bottom?
If one uses the DJI mount and one needs to extend it, can you do so with a regular USB extension cable?

Is the port on the side of the Crystalsky the USB 3.1? That works as well as the USB C at the center bottom?
If one uses the DJI mount and one needs to extend it, can you do so with a regular USB extension cable?

Not sure what you mean by extend, but you can use any of the USB ports on the side to connect to the RC, the micro usb works fine with a normal cable, the normal usb you have to plug into the micro usb on the mavic controller. It's not clear whether the full size usb port on the side is a 3.1 or normal 2.0

If you wanted to use CS off the controller, I'd just use a long USB cable, no need to muck around with the mount as well see this example for the P4P where I disconnected the mount usb cable from the P4P RC regular usb port, but the same is possible for the mavic

crystalsky using micro usb 1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by extend, but you can use any of the USB ports on the side to connect to the RC, the micro usb works fine with a normal cable, the normal usb you have to plug into the micro usb on the mavic controller. It's not clear whether the full size usb port on the side is a 3.1 or normal 2.0

If you wanted to use CS off the controller, I'd just use a long USB cable, no need to muck around with the mount as well see this example for the P4P where I disconnected the mount usb cable from the P4P RC regular usb port, but they same is possible for the mavic

View attachment 28155
Thanks for the photo. I'm trying to build a custom mount and was evaluating whether using the DJI mount as part of it would work for me. The short cable that comes out of it looks like about 4" long, so if I went that route, I'd have to add a 6" extension.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Mavmount gets the cable through the ball; none of the photos I've ever seen show the cable routing.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Mavmount gets the cable through the ball; none of the photos I've ever seen show the cable routing.

On the mavmount the cable doesn't go through the ball head, it just hangs to the right of the device and then goes through the plate cutouts to the RC bottom usb port

Or you could go straight from the side of the device to side of the RC

I notice no one includes the cable in their photos, maybe because is ugly sticking out the side like that, the DJI mount is a much neater cable routing

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams