DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick hyperlapse question

acdraindrps

Reactions
Tonight, I took a hyperlapse video that I didn't have enough battery to complete so I let the bird keep taking shots while I canceled the first (and maybe second) RTH warnings. I was in the red and knew it was time to hightail it home so I hit the red x on the left side of the screen and manually return/landed. I then swapped batteries and completed the hyperlapse successfully, letting it finish by itself instead of hitting the red x.

When I landed, I left the bird on and hit the play button to transfer the videos to my mobile device before powering down. I noticed that for the second video, it says "hyperlapse(original)" in it. The first video doesn't say hyperlapse at all. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is? I always save my raw images for post production so I aassume the sd card does contain them for both hyperlapses, but haven't checked just yet.

I was trying to think if anything occurred differently between the two flights, and the only thing I can think of is that it's possible (but I'm not 100% sure) that I never heard the female voice saying "video synthesizing complete" for the first video before I powered down to swap the battery. I may have actually switched out of hyperlapse and back to normal mode while flying back home before hearing the notification. I'm just spit balling here, I have no idea if this has anything to do with the words hyperlapse(original) missing from the first clip. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the insight!

Here's a couple pics of exactly what I'm describing:

Second video:
20191019_232857.jpg
First video:
20191019_232811.jpg
Thumbnail view of both, notice that they contain different symbols:
20191019_232804.jpg

So you didn’t transfer the first one before you powered down ?

No, bc I figured I'd do them both at the same time - at the end of flying for the evening. This is what I typically do. Should I have transferred before powering down? I don't see how that would make a difference, especially saving to sd?

I don’t know. I havn’t tryed resuming a hyper by just changing batterys. I just start a new one if my battery runs
out. To be honest I didn’t know you could do that.
Now I have done them and used as many as 3 batteries
but always wait for it to synchronize before I RTH then when done with all 3 hit the download with all 3 before I power off the last battery.

Maybe I explained it incorrectly, but I did start the hyperlapse over after swapping battery. I just never got to complete all the shots for the first attempt and [I think] the synthesizing didn't have a chance to finish before I powered down?

I never tried it either, but I'm pretty sure if you pause a hyperlapse and power down, you won't be able to resume the same hyperlapse. That would be nice for creating long videos though.

Ok I misunderstood you. When I set a hyper I always use the
highest time. Never goes that long but does synchronize
when I stop it. I just remember my height and go back to that. But I do let it synchronize before I do anything after stoping it. You got me on your situation. Will be interesting to see what comes of your card .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag