DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

quick question on charging mini 2 controller

Scoobychief

Reactions
hi i have just charged my mini 2 controller and all the lights have gone off meaning charging complete, my question is when i switch it on, the 4 lights flash on and off can't remember if that is normal or not. thanks

Reactions: Robyhe
It's probably telling you it is not linked to the drone, was the drone on or off? The MM does this.

Reactions: The General
Yes, the lights flash according to charge eg 4 = full, 2 half etc.
Then all 4 flash and then stay on when controller is on and looking and finds the the drone
Is that what you were asking.?

After just a brief single press in which case correct, or the normal start up bobble press in which case incorrect as it should stay on!

Sorry, cc_Jim that was meant for the OP, to get them to check whether what they are seeing is the "the controller is looking for a connection" indication.

When you just tap the controller on/off button the lights will show how much charge it has, from one to 4 lights. When you double click to turn on the controller it starts looking for the drone, which must be on for them to connect, obviously. All of the lights will flash until a connection to the drone is secure. That is also when the camera view will appear on the screen or the app shows the option to "GO FLY." That's also when you confirm your map location by looking on the map so you are where it shows you are. That way you'll be sure the drone comes back to where you are if there is a disconnection, loss of signal. That is also when you make sure you have a good GPS signal to allow that to happen. Similarly, you look at the battery level in the app to be sure you have sufficent battery power to begin a flight. Last, be sure there are no alerts, like "Calibrate Compass" or "Calibrate IMU." Sounds complicated but this involves just a glance across the screen as a pre-flight prep.

It must be normal as the same thing happens with mine.
This is quite normal. The drone is conducting its own internal preflight checklist before it will allow you to fly.

No, that's the RC indicating it's waiting for the AC to connect.
The AC when booting up and doing its checks will blink its status LED in different colors and flash rates. The RC is unable to be aware this is occurring. For all the RC knows, the AC is off or not putting out enough signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22