DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

QUICK-SHOT-Low quality MP4 file accelerated while original file NOT !!!

KONY

Reactions
hello,

sorry if that question has been asked before but : i tried quick shot today with the 3 available modes.

While watching the file on my phone i noticed the low quality files was having some kind of acceleration : i explain, the 15 seconds video (200 meters quickshot) start in normal way for 5 seconds...then accelarate for 10 seconds, then slow down again back to normal speed upon last seconds of the video

at first i was surprised as i didn't expect quickshot effect to have that option automatically, but it does look nice although it make the video shorter

then i came back home and uploaded the original files...just to realize that the original file from the MAVIC is not having ANY kind of accelaration...so the clips are longer (45 seconds to 1 min).

I noticed that same thing on the 4 clips i shot

MY QUESTION : is this normal ? why an effect can be on the low quality video but not on the original file ?

My guess it's a compressed file so may have frames dropped hence the speed up and slow down

i dont think because i have been having my MAVIC for 1 year now and this never happened to the other files i took since then

plus the other NON QUICK SHOTS videos i took today don't have any accelaration as regard to the speed

it's really something related to quick shots and if someone who used it could tell meif theirlow quality smartphone videos have ths also, it would help me

ok i found some thread talking about that on here

seems on IOS it's an option to make the cached version sped up or not. not yet on android which i'm using

Quickshot speeds up?

Thats exactly what it's supposed to do.
The version on the phone is processed by the app to be what DJI thinks is an appropriate format for you to post your clip on social media straight away.

Reactions: frank candor
yeah i understood it afterwards, it's pretty neat that way for social medias users...which i'm not though ;)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0