DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick-Shot Mode Question

QuadcopterFL

Reactions
I am wondering if when in the quick-shot modes, can it only be pointed at the operator or can it circle another object that is specified by the user...like a house or other object other than the user?

Thanks in advance.

You select the subject the same way you do with ActiveTrack.. I have not personally tested it but you should be able to do that.

I appreciate the response, but I need a 100% sure answer as I would use the drone for Real Estate videos and other static items (vacant land, commercial buildings, car dealerships, marinas, etc) and if all the "newly added quick shots" will not work, then I will stick with what I have now.

If you're only looking to circle an object the then answer is 100% yes, you can use the POI mode, park the drone directly above the subject, select the center of the circle, then fly to the distance of the radius and initiate the orbit..

Not my question, not circle only...but use all the modes and not have to be pointed at the pilot...I am specifically wondering about the NEW quick shot modes (asteroid,Rocket, Dronie, Circle, or Helix plus two new modes Asteroid and Boomerang).

Hi.. i would also know this... i did a try today.. but it didn't worked.. i would like to start on a static sign and not on a moving object like me or something else... if i center a static object i don't get the green circle...

anyone any idea to create a asteroid with a static object?

It is confirmed! I just tried the quickshot modes including dronie, rocket and asteroid and they all work with an object and not a person. Fly the Mavic Air and enter the quickshot mode and select dronie or one of the other quickshot modes and point the camera at an object. Click on the screen (I am using a ipad mini) twice to select the distance then with your finger, drag a section, a few times the little green square did'nt show, but drag your finger on the screen and it will select a green square, then just tap on the green square and the countdown will begin.

Reactions: tiparoch
Thanks.. i just testet it again.. it works.. i forgot to use the two-fingers... i was just pressing with one, and that doesn't work... but thanks for the Solution!

Another quick question, so can i fly the Mavic air to the top of a church, hit quickshot mode, put circle on steeple and do an asteroid shot? When would dronecreturn to? Top of chuch or where I am standing. So does it RTH or Return to where the circle was tapped?

Thanks

Another quick question, so can i fly the Mavic air to the top of a church, hit quickshot mode, put circle on steeple and do an asteroid shot? When would dronecreturn to? Top of chuch or where I am standing. So does it RTH or Return to where the circle was tapped?

Thanks
Drone returns to where it started from.

I am wondering if when in the quick-shot modes, can it only be pointed at the operator or can it circle another object that is specified by the user...like a house or other object other than the user?

Thanks in advance.
Just be mindful that Obstacle Avoidance is disabled when in any of the quick-shot modes. Always have your finger in the pause trigger just in case! Trees too close to your house, as the object, could be in the way in a sideways maneuver.

Not my question, not circle only...but use all the modes and not have to be pointed at the pilot...I am specifically wondering about the NEW quick shot modes (asteroid,Rocket, Dronie, Circle, or Helix plus two new modes Asteroid and Boomerang).
If that is your question than the answer is NO it won't Modes have a specific purpose and if you are shooting real estate properties what do you want with asteroid? that would be horrible, and a bit childish don't you think? "hey there's your house, down there on that little bubble" Stupid!

Reactions: donutlou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661