DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Shot not holding subject

Bigbird48

Reactions
The quick shot mode does not hold the subject. I attempted to do a circle around the flag pole and the pole would just go out of sight then come back in at end of circle. is there a way to fix this??

Object needs to be substantial and easily recognisable against the background for the computer vision system to see it and identify it. A flag pole isn't exactly easy...

Object needs to be substantial and easily recognisable against the background for the computer vision system to see it and identify it. A flag pole isn't exactly easy...
well it was the flag flying that I drew the ox around. I think it was big enough to see it ok

Seeing OK doesn't mean it's actually going to be tracking it successfully, you can draw a rectangle in the middle of a uniform patch of grass, it'll give you the OK yet won't be able to track. Might need to try a few times, or moving so it's on clear background...

The object cannot substantially change shape according to the manual. I would assume the flag is changing enough that the software loses it.

Reactions: JDawg and fegan
If you were trying to circle the flag pole, why not use POI (Point of Interest) mode instead? It only requires picking the center point (by flying directly over the flag pole) once, then back away, adjust your altitude, then engage...will allow you to adjust altitude, yaw, distance and gimbal angle during flight, as well as adjusting the speed and direction the aircraft is moving around the subject.

Reactions: Kilrah and JDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming