DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Shots - Circle.

cheddar-man

Reactions
Mini 2 and either a Galaxy S2 or iPhone XR - same issue with both.
Once, in several weeks of trying, I managed to get my Mini2 to record a decent "Circle" using Quick Shots, now I just can't get it to work.
It enters Quick Shot and the Circle mode OK and I can select the subject (green box) sometimes, but find it tricky to get it to stick.
When it is selected I get the "Start" button but when I press it I get the countdown but then nothing seems to happen or the drone is crawling round so slowly that I don't notice it.

How does one speed it up please, I can't see anything on the screen?

I have only used circle once or twice with a mini, that was a fair while ago I do not remember if it was with a Mavic Mini or a Mini 2 but I have the recollection of being disappointed in the lack of control available in the FLY App especially when compared to the Go4 or maybe Go App.

Just as a matter of interest have you tried giving it some side stick?

This may be of use from 5:26 onwards
he does some good stuff.

Edit ahh around 6:30 he does say if you give any manual input it will abort the quickshot, so no side stick I guess lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHZ
I'll have a look when I can find some earphones. In the meantime, I wonder if it's because I've got the yaw control set to very slow in the menu, for when I'm rotating?? I must try that.

If you have POI selected, you get a clockwise and counterclockwise arrow and you should be able to pick one and drag the speed up or down.

Just tried one with a Mini 2, no user control of the flight speed, speed control was all automated and started slowly then accelerated, not to my liking. I did not try giving side stick. A POOR imitation of what has been available in earlier Apps.

Last edited:
Tried flying this morning with the Galaxy S2 and same issues, Fly App quit with drone trying to do a QuickShot Circle!. Did do one circle without incident but the second one caused the problem. Come to think of it, the first time I had the issue I was trying a circle. Guess the processor can't handle all the extra load doing this manoeuvre.
My elder son has said I can have his old iPad 4 Mini when I get home so hopefully that will resolve the issue as it IS on the DJI "approved" list.
Another thing I noticed this morning, the video was greatly over exposed. Do the still photo settings apply to videos or do videos have their own set of settings that you have to adjust before flying?

Last edited:
It might just be for the POI orbit that has speed and direction control, rereading it, I don't think I've ever messed with the Quick Shot Circle. I just use POI.

I don't have the Mini so maybe it doesn't have POI since that might be part of Active Track since Spotlight is in the same menu. Sorry @cheddar-man

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60