DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

quick video question????

genesimmons

Reactions
decided to make a little video with some various footage from the mav and my rc truck and gopro, i edited it and i have it like i want it, when i click output it gives me various options, somme of which are hugeeeee files, its a 6.18 minute clip and to save it says 3gigs, how do u keep decent quality and have it in a small size for sharing, utube or just with freinds, i know they wont download a 3 gig file hahahaha

2 options.

1st is you could use H264 compression at a bit rate around 6-8Mbps.
2nd is upload it to Youtube, and keep it ulisted/private so only people with a link can see it, that way they won't need to download and can stream at any quality.

Hope this helps

2 options.

1st is you could use H264 compression at a bit rate around 6-8Mbps.
2nd is upload it to Youtube, and keep it ulisted/private so only people with a link can see it, that way they won't need to download and can stream at any quality.

Hope this helps
ok ill check those settings out, i dont see a panel for bit rate but ill check, i am using movai for editing, i see guy here have 4k quality utube clips either they are huggeeee files or i am doing something wrong haha

No, you're not doing anything wrong... Video files are big :) Especially if you want to keep the quality! 4k eats Hard Drives for breakfast! ;)

I bought a 10TB just for my storing footage lol

That should do it!

I'm glad for your sake, that storage technology has come on since the 90's... otherwise, you'd need to buy 7,366,181 floppy disks to get the same amount of data!

Interestingly (or not), if you stacked them all up in a single tower it would reach nearly 80,000ft That's a full 20,000 ft higher than Concorde ever flew! Or to avoid altitude sickness or lack of oxygen to retrieve the highest disks, you could always dig a pit to store them. In which case, get ready to dig around 81 Olympic sized swimming pools to store all that data! Oh, and by the way, each floppy disk would only hold about a quarter of a second of footage.

All praise to technology innovators!

Have I gone off track a little here?! It may have been fuelled by my first coffee of the day!

Attachments

• Floppy-Disks.jpg
    Floppy-Disks.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
That should do it!

I'm glad for your sake, that storage technology has come on since the 90's... otherwise, you'd need to buy 7,366,181 floppy disks to get the same amount of data!

Interestingly (or not), if you stacked them all up in a single tower it would reach nearly 80,000ft That's a full 20,000 ft higher than Concorde ever flew! Or to avoid altitude sickness or lack of oxygen to retrieve the highest disks, you could always dig a pit to store them. In which case, get ready to dig around 81 Olympic sized swimming pools to store all that data! Oh, and by the way, each floppy disk would only hold about a quarter of a second of footage.

All praise to technology innovators!

Have I gone off track a little here?! It may have been fuelled by my first coffee of the day!
I'm in my early thirties, but my first computer was pretty laughable by today's standards. It had 8GB of storage. I used some way more archaic than that, but that was the first one I purchased with money i earned. It was top of the line at the time.

Reactions: Joely-Bird
haha yes tech has came a long ways in a short time, your phone can more than a house sized computer 25 years ago, crazy about storage, terrabyte drives the size of sausage haha,crazy, i outputed my vid to 2 sizes and they are still pretty big, one is 420mb and the other 205mb, i guess its 205 for the internet haha

haha yes tech has came a long ways in a short time, your phone can more than a house sized computer 25 years ago, crazy about storage, terrabyte drives the size of sausage haha,crazy, i outputed my vid to 2 sizes and they are still pretty big, one is 420mb and the other 205mb, i guess its 205 for the internet haha
I regularly upload files to YouTube that are several gigs each. It's no problem as long as your upload speeds dont suck

I bought a computer back in the day that came with a 350MG hard drive. I remember thinking, "What could possibly take up that much space?" :D

no no, your "oldness" is judged by those who remember having the "park" their hard drive. LOL, I remember back in the day with my 10MB hard drive that sounded like a Jet Engine, forgetting to park it and when I shut it off, hearing the crash of the heads slamming down. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter