DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshots

Mikep2323

Reactions
I've been searching around and can't find a answer for why my quickshots aren't working anymore so I figured I ask here. I've used quickshots before and when done they usually put a 10 sec clip together sped up. Like the dronie that goes out and the one that goes up. I haven't flown in awhile and when I do them now it doesn't make the 10 sec video anymore. For a example I just tried to do 3 of each kind and they are just videos now of however long it was filmed for . When I look in my videos they have a little icon showing that they were quickshots. I know I can edit them and speed them up in post, but before dji would make a 10 sec clip sped up for you so you didn't have to edit them. I've also pulled out sd card and put it into my mac and they are just long videos now. Not the 10 sec clips.
Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to fix it. Also the globe quickshot films in 1080 p now when I thought it did it in 4k. Has something changed in the dji app? Thanks

You may be confusing quickshots with hyperlapse. Quickshots is a short, realtime video of a pre-programmed flight pattern.

I can't say for sure because I always shoot video in 1080p, but I believe QS was always 1080p. I may have the original user manual to check on that.

Hyperlapse is a series of time lapse photos of a flight pattern stitched together to form a video.

Reactions: Thomas B
No I know the difference, I do photography. I'm talking about the quickshot that is under the quickshot tab . 2 examples are dronie and the rocket. Its supposed to make a 10 sec clip and used to but now it doesn't when I do one. The mavic air doesn't have a option to do a hyperlapse like the mavic 2.
You may be confusing quickshots with hyperlapse. Quickshots is a short, realtime video of a pre-programmed flight pattern.

I can't say for sure because I always shoot video in 1080p, but I believe QS was always 1080p. I may have the original user manual to check on that.

Hyperlapse is a series of time lapse photos of a flight pattern stitched together to form a video.

Just checked the original manual from last year. It doesn't mention video format. It doesn't even seem to mention that you can't have an ongoing video recording when starting QS. If you try, it will stop the current recording and prompt to start the QS.

Ah, sorry. Didn't notice this was under Air forum.

You did mention the video being faster, which is why I thought you were confused. Most, if not all QS is real time.

Were you already recording when you started QS? It's supposed to start and stop the recording itself during the QS session. At least that's how the M2 worked.

Never had a 10 second "fast" video when using quick shots on my Mavic Air.

Maybe I might be confusing it with my spark then if you never had it with the air then. It's been a few months since I've flown and that might be why i thought it was with air. Maybe it was the quickshots on my spark. I know that I've done multiple quickshots that make a sped up 10 sec rocket or dronie clip. I gotta take out my mac and hard drives and see if it was with the spark.
Never had a 10 second "fast" video when using quick shots on my Mavic Air.

If QS does let you set the video mode (resolution/frame rate), then it may be the 120fps that produced fast motion.

I've found that depending how I play it back, that 60fps in normal recording gets played faster than normal.

It was the Spark that would do the short sped up video. I havent done any quick shots with the Spark in awhile but I definitely remember it would make a quick sped up video of my dronies. If I remember correctly, Spark only does 1080@30fps.

Thanks that would make sense on why my mavic won't do it. I must have been confusing the 2. I don't normally do the quickshots and the other day I was in Connecticut and I flew across a river to shoot a abandoned mental hospital. And I did a dronie quickshot and started across the river close to the buildings and when I pulled the video off the sd card it was 1 min and 44 sec. I was expecting it to be the short 10 sec clip not the entire thing. So I thought maybe I did something wrong so the next day I did a few more and it was the same thing. Not a 10 sec clip of it sped up. It's not a problem cause I can speed it up in final cut pro but I just thought it would do it for me. It must have been the spark then that automatically does it for you. Thanks
It was the Spark that would do the short sped up video. I havent done any quick shots with the Spark in awhile but I definitely remember it would make a quick sped up video of my dronies. If I remember correctly, Spark only does 1080@30fps.

Mikep2323, I know exactly what you are talking about. My MA does that fast 10 seconds clip but only on the Asteroid Quickshot. It has never done it on the Dronie or the Rocket. Try the Asteroid, it should work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078