DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quiet replacement blades for Mavic Air

1bad

Reactions
What are the best blades to make our drones more quiet?Just want to tone down the obviousness of a drone in the air a little bit so that way I can focus on what im trying to do, not who wants to talk about it.

Also does anybody know the life expectancy on a set of blades and if there performance goes down?

Thanks
Aaron

What are the best blades to make our drones more quiet?Just want to tone down the obviousness of a drone in the air a little bit so that way I can focus on what im trying to do, not who wants to talk about it.

Also does anybody know the life expectancy on a set of blades and if there performance goes down?

Thanks
Aaron
Master Airscrew version 2
That's what you want, make sure to adjust your settings as recommended when you install

Master Airscrew prop's seem to be quieter due to them being more efficient. They spin at a lower rpm to give the equivalent lift, and therefore the 'pitch' of the sound they generate is lower. So while the dB sound pressure is just a couple of degrees lower, what makes the big difference is the frequency of the sound ... it's trending back a little from 'swarm of bees' - toward 'flock of birds'...

Reactions: Nagem
Master Airscrew prop's seem to be quieter due to them being more efficient. They spin at a lower rpm to give the equivalent lift, and therefore the 'pitch' of the sound they generate is lower. So while the dB sound pressure is just a couple of degrees lower, what makes the big difference is the frequency of the sound ... it's trending back a little from 'swarm of bees' - toward 'flock of birds'...

But it's still noisy. It's not that much of a difference.. I would call it a "little swarm of bees" sound instead of "flock of birds"

But it's still noisy. It's not that much of a difference.. I would call it a "little swarm of bees" sound instead of "flock of birds"
Quite true - that's why I used the word 'trending' ... Using the MAS prop's will however, make the Mavic Air as quiet as you'll evet get it at this time ...

Reactions: ABHIII
Just want to tone down the obviousness of a drone in the air a little bit so that way I can focus on what im trying to do
No 3rd party blades are going to be that quiet. Maybe wear earplugs if it's really a problem.

does anybody know the life expectancy on a set of blades
They can last years if you don't damage them.

Reactions: Dedal
Lower motor rpm may leave some “overhead” if force applied by the motors can increase, but simple physics tell us the the same amount of work must be done for equivalent results.

Reactions: Dedal
Lower motor rpm may leave some “overhead” if force applied by the motors can increase, but simple physics tell us the the same amount of work must be done for equivalent results.
Are you saying that with these new blades you should not adjust motor RPM?

They are definitely less noisy. I have noticed not as stable during hover in moderate to high wind. I use OEM blades then. Make sure to adjust settings as noted in quick start card that comes with blades. Orange blades also improve visibility for me.

They are definitely less noisy. I have noticed not as stable during hover in moderate to high wind. I use OEM blades then. Make sure to adjust settings as noted in quick start card that comes with blades. Orange blades also improve visibility for me.

I run orange on the front and white on the rear.

I would call it a small swarm of bees

I use MAS propellers for about two weeks and I hear the difference. Something like between original Air and M2 Zoom. Not perfect, but less annoying from 50-100 meters. And a bit longer flight time.

You can still hear the Mavic Air very good, even with the MAS propellers. But I don't find that a problem. It's helping me determining the position of the drone. The Mavic Air is a great drone. I'm not tempted at all to replace it with the Air 2.

Reactions: Mrmund
Be extra careful with Master Airscrew props. I keep my Mavic Air 1 in a case I bought that is foam but has cutouts for then Air and accessories. The fit is snug. After awhile this caused the props to warp (they are super thin) and caused strange behavior with the aircraft (drifting, going around in little circles) I solved the problem by taking off the props and storing them in a different place, but that seemed like a hassle every time so I ended just putting the OEMs back on.

Be extra careful with Master Airscrew props. I keep my Mavic Air 1 in a case I bought that is foam but has cutouts for then Air and accessories. The fit is snug. After awhile this caused the props to warp (they are super thin) and caused strange behavior with the aircraft (drifting, going around in little circles) I solved the problem by taking off the props and storing them in a different place, but that seemed like a hassle every time so I ended just putting the OEMs back on.
Would it not be easier to slightly enlarge the cutout space?

Was it the front or back set that got warped?

That's not the case with aeronautics ... Have a look at the evolution of wings on airliners and that will show you how something that everybody accepts 'works' - but how it can be refined and improved to get better fuel efficiency, lower drag etc. I use Master Airscrew prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum. They are a completely different pitch, a different shape, and have a radically different tip design when compared to the stock DJI props. It all adds up to a much more efficient airscrew. Due to its efficiency, the rpm required to hover etc. is less than for the stock DJI props - which contributes a lot to lowering the overall noise from the drone.

No 3rd party blades are going to be that quiet. Maybe wear earplugs if it's really a problem.
I don’t think its the noise he hears he wants to draw less attention to the fact that he’s flying to stop other people from wanting to talk ... people whp don’t have knowledge of the advancements in drones or just are not into the hobby are always amazed or angerd lol i have had people pestering me wanting to know what where how much how far ect and wanting to watch the screen i hate that and it ruins my me time lol its ok sometimes but for the most part I got into this hobby to have something different to do with my “me time” I try to draw as little attention as possible

Are you saying that with these new blades you should not adjust motor RPM?
If or when you buy them they include a card listing the new adjustments. Easy to follow their instructions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54