DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Racing drones vs. MP

Boog0822

Reactions
What type of connection are the racing drones I see on TV using? They're flying through tunnels, around stadiums and in concrete hallways. If I flew the MP there I'd surely lose connection right? Just curious...

What type of connection are the racing drones I see on TV using? They're flying through tunnels, around stadiums and in concrete hallways. If I flew the MP there I'd surely lose connection right? Just curious...

What you see is the Gopro footage that has been recorded. It's very clear. You don't see the live feed these racers get. It's like an analogue tv with bad static. They use analogue signals which behave differently to digital. Analogue does not need to be compiled and therefore does not cut out like digital does (no lag). Analogue will display an image full of static where as digital will green/black out the entire screen.

The good pilots know where to position themselves and how to adjust their antennas to suit.

Last edited:
Those racer guys have crazy skills. Here's the world champ with a Mavic. The good stuff starts at 1min 35sec

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbtha7467