DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Racing Edition analog reception

Srcrain

Reactions
Anyone having a problem with the analog reception in the racing edition goggles? I sent back a pair already with this problem. On the second pair (as well as the first) I get very bad reception with static and lines running through the screen. I have used both frequency search auto and manual. On my other video receiver the picture is solid. Very frustrating since I got these just for the analog fpv since I already have the original white goggles.

Reactions: cjmerobot
I'm using mine successfully on analog, and haven't had the problem you describe. In fact, I've never had to configure mine or search for frequency. Each time I've used them they've instantly been on frequency as soon as I select analog. Have you connected the external antenna? Maybe switch antennas with the other one it came with to make sure it isn't that.

The antenna is on securily. I will try swapping antennas. I have tested three different quads though, and all are bad. Good to know that it should work properly. Probably have to send these back for a new pair.

I just tested the spare antenna and no difference. I also used my other video receiver to find a clear frequency and switched the channel on the quad to match. When I view through the goggles the reception is still bad. Using both manual tune and auto.

Sorry to hear that. All I can think of is maybe try without the antenna altogether and see if perhaps you might have a bad antenna connection. Baring interference from another source, I'm not sure where else to look, although you said your other video receive has a solid picture. If you move your quad right next to the goggles does the picture change?

How is the digital reception? No problem there, just the analog? On mine I haven't had any problems with analog, but only have one analog FPV quad to use it with.

The digital reception for the Spark and Mavic is perfect.

I use a Horizon Hobby small FPV video screen as my other video source. The reception on that is perfect and clear for its intended resolution. Distance from goggles doesn't matter, near or far, with and without other monitors on, nothing seems to work. It must be something wrong with the internal receiver. Hard to believe that I have the same problem with two different sets of goggles. Especially since no one else seems to have this issue. Hopefully the next pair is better. Going to try to send them back for a new pair.

That's crazy. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you've done the troubleshooting that I would have done as well - trying to rule out any type of RFI. For example, my computer monitor creates terrible RFI that impacts other devices. It wasn't until I tested stuff with everything around me unplugged that I discovered it was my PC monitor. Not sure if you have a similar thing going on, where something odd is causing interference. Really odd to have two sets of goggles with same problem.

I am on a chat with DJI technical support now. It looks like I am going to send them in again for a replacement pair.

Before I send them in I will test different locations in my house. That is the only thing I didn't try.

No problem here. Have you updated it? Original firmware had issues with NTSC cameras (PAL was OK).

First thing I did both times was charge and install updated firmware before even turning them on. I am in the US so my cameras are NTSC. I wasn't aware of any issues with NTSC cameras. I am on updated firmware though. DJI just a return slip for another replacement. I hope the new ones work.

Now I am really confused after doing a lot of testing last night. I definitely need the knowledge of the experts in this forum.

I again tested the analog signal on multiple quads. The signal came in fine on one, but very bad on the other. I tried changing channels but the signal was still bad with vertical lines of static and ghosting. I moved locations with no improvement in signal. So I thought it may be a camera or video transmitter issue and not a problem with the goggles. However, when I view the same signal through the Horizon Hobby FPV video monitor it comes in very clear.

I am at a complete loss. Has anyone heard of an issue similar to this? And do you have any idea what the problem could be? The good camera is the Crazepony AIO mini camera (VM275) and the bad camera is the stock blade inductrix FPV camera.

Last edited:
Another update and advice needed. I again did more testing last night. It seems that the poor signal is now exclusively related to the stock Blade Inductrix FPV, the Beecore with Crazepony camera is fine. Again the feed in the goggles is poor and much different from the feed on the Horizon Hobby video monitor (which is good). I also set the channel to the same channel as the good quad and checked the reception (I obviously turned the good quad off first). Same problem, poor reception with ghosting and an annoying green vertical static line. I did this in different rooms and it had no difference.

Here is the catch. I powered on and off the goggles and quad several times and that seemed to fix the issue. Both quads have decent reception. My question is - Should I still replace these goggles and get a new pair? Or is this not a goggle issue, but something going on with my quads and the environment? Shouldn't the reception in the goggles be at least as good as the Horizon Hobby video monitor which has never had a problem with any quad or camera? Also, when the goggles do a search for the channel it often doesn't pick the best one, but rather a close one with some reception. If I do an additional auto search it will often come back with an even stronger signal. Is that normal? The video monitor always gets the strongest channel after scanning the whole spectrum (it seems), the goggles seem to stop on the first channel with even a bit of reception and that is not always the best.

Last update for anyone following this issue or experiencing the same thing. As stated above the poor reception (at least for now) appears to be isolated to one quad. And the fix has been for the past two nights to cycle the goggles on and off. That seems to fix the issue.

My questions to the forum - Is this within what most would consider normal operation and therefore there is no need to send back for a replacement? Or should I expect more, and even though I can eventually get to a decent image the process is abnormal and the goggles are to some degree defective and should exchanged?

I can't say that what you're experiencing is "normal operation", but given this is the second set of goggles you've had this problem with, I don't think replacing the goggles will resolve the issue. Sounds like there is something with that quad's transmitter that isn't playing nice with the goggles. Cycling on and off to fix makes me wonder if the Tx frequency is changing on the quad each time. I only have one analog quad and haven't played with adjusting frequencies so hard for me to say.

Has any one flew an airplane in analog mode with this goggles. Can some one run a test and post. I am not going to buy unless. I know they do well with an airplane in analog flying with some distance. I plan on flying a wing and an airplane.

Thank you for your post! I was getting the exact same ghosting and lines using both of my BetaFPV 75s and 75 Pro drones. Power cycle did the trick and now the analog signal is clear.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki