DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radio or cell tower maps for US

marklyn

Reactions
I have been searching for any online maps of cell phone, radio tower or TV Tower maps but haven't come up with anything. I'd also like power line maps too but can't find anything useful for drone flying either (Hivemapper doesn't show power lines but I thought it did once).
Anyone have a resource, particularly for towers, I'd appreciate it. When mapping out a new area, I'd like to be able to see towers so I can plan my flight path without going near them. Google earth is decent but it's so hard to pinpoint one in a flight area and they're easily missed.

Of course after weeks of searching and finally posting I find something within a few minutes !
This site has a kmz file you can download into Google Earth and it shows towers when you turn on the layer. Seems to be what I need but if anyone else knows other resources, especially power lines, I'd appreciate it!

FCCInfo - Now on Google Earth!

OK so this seems to do a pretty good job overall *but* I have found at least one tower that isn't listed but you can see on GE maps (like one in my hometown). I'm guessing that tower doesn't have/need some type of FCC license or something but it gives me pause to trust the tower locations 100%.
There might be other kmz files (cell towers, transmission lines, etc.) that also are out there and can be imported into GE?

Last edited:
All FAA maps show towers and every other kind of airplane obstruction
try this site, VFR Raster Charts
locoman, I couldn't find any maps on that site that I could use. I am looking for any dynamic mapping tool that you can go to/zoom into an area to see towers. Everything I looked at from this site so far, at best, is data files with gps coordinates or static airport type maps. Did you see what I am looking for here?

Do a Google search "cellular tower locations" see if that helps. on the VFR Raster Charts i.e. maps for pilots, the little symbol that looks like a tepee, are towers.

Thanks flockshot, this map is geared toward pilots/airport space right of way, etc... It's sort of helpful but too complicated to read for me but maybe for someone else. Was hoping there are more simpler, easier to use maps, that show towers and heights. So far, the one in my second post is the best I've come across.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentenL