DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Raglan Castle and Sugar Loaf Mountain in Wales

Markony

Reactions
Raglan Castle is a late medieval castle located just north of the village of Raglan in the county of Monmouthshire in south east Wales. The Sugar Loaf mountain dominates the skyline of the surrounding countryside and provides a spectacular backdrop to the market town of Abergavenny in South Wales

very nice my neck of the woods

Reactions: Laborous
Hans Zimmer eh! Only the best will do. And your work requires the best. Very nice flying and editing.

Hans Zimmer eh! Only the best will do. And your work requires the best. Very nice flying and editing.
Thank you so much still learning with the editing side of things, i find it the hardest but also the most rewarding.

Raglan Castle is a late medieval castle located just north of the village of Raglan in the county of Monmouthshire in south east Wales. The Sugar Loaf mountain dominates the skyline of the surrounding countryside and provides a spectacular backdrop to the market town of Abergavenny in South Wales

Last time I flew over Raglan Castle I was chased down by a lady who worked at the pay gate. I took of by a gate in the field opposite and she ran all the way down, ran , to inform me that I was not allowed to overfly the castle because it was a government building. I politely asked her to move away from me as she was a distraction and was stopping me from flying safely. She was not amused and insisted I stop. You should have seen the look on her face when I put controller on the ground, I had ensured that my drone was hovering safely, and told her that I was flying within the Drone Code rules, and her actions was making it dangerous as she was distracting me. I then brought my drone back landed it safely after taking the images I wanted , then went to pay gate and asked them to please contact CADW and get them to update themselves on the new rules regarding under 250 g drones. I also keep copies of the drone code to give out to people and left one with them, cheers Len

Last time I flew over Raglan Castle I was chased down by a lady who worked at the pay gate. I took of by a gate in the field opposite and she ran all the way down, ran , to inform me that I was not allowed to overfly the castle because it was a government building. I politely asked her to move away from me as she was a distraction and was stopping me from flying safely. She was not amused and insisted I stop. You should have seen the look on her face when I put controller on the ground, I had ensured that my drone was hovering safely, and told her that I was flying within the Drone Code rules, and her actions was making it dangerous as she was distracting me. I then brought my drone back landed it safely after taking the images I wanted , then went to pay gate and asked them to please contact CADW and get them to update themselves on the new rules regarding under 250 g drones. I also keep copies of the drone code to give out to people and left one with them, cheers Len
I was two fields down from the castle well out of site on a B road tucked away. They just shout and scream because they want people to pay. In these cases you got to out smart them. I made the same mistakes but i learned just keep your distance from where you flying from helps a lot. And i never fly where there are people around to see me. And i must say also i did pay to walk around also in the end it is a wonderful castle.

Reactions: twickers14
I was two fields down from the castle well out of site on a B road tucked away. They just shout and scream because they want people to pay. In these cases you got to out smart them. I made the same mistakes but i learned just keep your distance from where you flying from helps a lot. And i never fly where there are people around to see me. And i must say also i did pay to walk around also in the end it is a wonderful castle.
I was in a field opposite , nobody could directly see me, the lady in question just went searching . She actually left her place of work, I was well away from Castle, turn right out of gate, field on left but she found me. I like to keep a low profile but on this occasion not low enough, I don’t like conflict so always try to be discreet but on this occasion and the distance and effort she put in to find me and tell me that I was not allowed to fly, and knowing that I was I spoke up for myself, pointing out that if she had injured herself in her efforts to find me she was off her place of works premises and that could cause her problems , and then gave her a copy of the drone code as well as the one I left in the pay gate, cheers Len

Nice video, that is also my backyard area, I'm from the Risca, Crosskeys area. Flew all around there years ago in my aircraft so was nice to see it all again.

Wales always will have a place in my heart even though i live in England but i always go back for camping and filming.
I like to add i use to live in Penrhys in the Rhondda Valleys. I just finsishing my editing because i lived there in the 70s and 80s it had a bad name so i went back to film it see how it as changed. So watch out for that one. It had a bad name back in the day. But as a kid it was paradise with the hills to play.

I like to add i use to live in Penrhys in the Rhondda Valleys. I just finsishing my editing because i lived there in the 70s and 80s it had a bad name so i went back to film it see how it as changed. So watch out for that one. It had a bad name back in the day. But as a kid it was paradise with the hills to play.
Nothing wrong with Penrhys, I live in Pontypridd and visit the Penrhys area often, the views are spectacular and the little religious statue area is very calming, cheers Len

For a number of years I worked for a company that was based in Bromley Kent but I was living in London. My plane was based in Kent and I would fly up to Wales on some weekends and land in a farmer friend's field. it was Mamhilad House Farm, not far from Pontypool. It was beautiful flying all over Wales from the coastline to inland mountains and rolling fields. I miss those days.

Reactions: Markony
For a number of years I worked for a company that was based in Bromley Kent but I was living in London. My plane was based in Kent and I would fly up to Wales on some weekends and land in a farmer friend's field. it was Mamhilad House Farm, not far from Pontypool. It was beautiful flying all over Wales from the coastline to inland mountains and rolling fields. I miss those days.
Thats what makes me keep going back with my drone, just so many beautiful places to film and look back on later.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N