DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Railroads + + Critical Infrastructure or A Scenic Work of Art

It was closed for repairs, will reopen in 2021!
1586048217486.png

Reactions: Thomas B
When I was a child my granddad once stopped a 6 mile long train across an intersection to pick me up so I could ride to the roundhouse with him.... bygone days! :) See post #2 in this thread for his picture.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
When I was a child my granddad once stopped a 6 mile long train across an intersection to pick me up so I could ride to the roundhouse with him.... bygone days! :) See post #2 in this thread for his picture.
Gone are the days. Cherish those dad memories!
I grew up in centralPA, but now retired from USAF and CO DOC. Gone are the days, but the memories still linger. The only thing through here are the coal haulers from WY. Amazing how they actually go right through the middle of the city and no one seems to even know. Under the homeland security rulings, the RRs are obtaining critical infrastructure status. Which means, technically, even photographing them, let alone droning them, could end up as a big no no! Strange, since where they go is no secret, they will even send you map of their routes. Next thing ya know, Big Bro will even issue a mandate about highways.

Reactions: Thomas B

Oops! Trains stop at the traffic light too!
I've been down 9th street with the trains sharing the road in Modesto since I was a kid. It's funny that the traffic lights had train signals and there were time you'd be right next to the engine at a stop light waiting for a green light. What a flash back. BTW There are still a few tracks that intersect with traffic today. Now I'm gonna go back and look at that video. Thanks

I use a freight track and a natural gas track when I update the firmware or something similar. Arrow straight for almost a mile. Easy to find my way home. I call them my “test tracks”.

Just looked this up on youtube. It's 2018's FPV winner at the "Drone Film Festival" No wonder we're getting with plummeled with regulations.

Highly talanted idiots without a care or clue. And they get rewarded for it. This clown landed on the train and could have flown into an open window.

The conspiracy world can see bomb equipped drones next.

At this rate the DJI Mavic 5 will be a paper airplane.

How can this idiocy be legal?
Probably isn't... it's a grey area. That video was posted some time back and it kinda stirred the beans. IMO it's that type of actions that will convince law makers to produce an identification system. But rather than to go off topic on whether or not it's legal, trains are an interesting target to capture. I even like the graffiti on them.

14871a50-ada0-4890-a04c-99e9826ff1f7.jpeg@!1920

Switch house on SkyPixel. The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121