DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain suits for Mavic pro

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
What's a rain suit? How do a rain suit protect a drone from the rain?

There's supposedly some sketchy person I guess is trying to sell silicone looking pieces that is called a rain suit. Given the name, I assume it protects the Mavic pro against the water damage.

Or do it just have that name but with a different purpose, I have no idea.

It would be nice to fly a Mavic in the rain and get that annoying dot of condensation right in the middle of the lens... think I might buy it to try it out, might need super glue though.

I assume the motors themselves are waterproof?

Who would want to fly a drone in the rain anyway?..

Ok.... I'm laughing. There can't actually be such a product as a rain suit for a drone. ;)

What is next?...... some sort of floats to keep a Mavic from sinking if it lands on water?

What's a rain suit? How do a rain suit protect a drone from the rain?

There's supposedly some sketchy person I guess is trying to sell silicone looking pieces that is called a rain suit. Given the name, I assume it protects the Mavic pro against the water damage.

Or do it just have that name but with a different purpose, I have no idea.

It would be nice to fly a Mavic in the rain and get that annoying dot of condensation right in the middle of the lens... think I might buy it to try it out, might need super glue though.

I assume the motors themselves are waterproof?

Who would want to fly a drone in the rain anyway?..
@Phantomrain.org . Dude, you’re on. 😊

This whole thread got me to spitt out my coffee all over the screen when i saw Dirks comment about the Search , l lost it.

I have very been careful with this one , lol We know how I like to go overboard,
I only have 7,841 posts about wet suits. loll

Dang.. well.. there goes my last honeybun...

Reactions: Saladshooter
Oh dear God 🤣

I do remember the Silicone Company and the problem was that wind got under the Silicone and caused the drones to crash, its one of the reason why we went started making the Wet Suit for the Phantom 4 with a Neoprene cover using a 3m adhesive so that would not happen, and focusing on only the weak parts of the Drone to fly in the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut