DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain Suits

I understand the use of a rain cover to protect the electronics in wet weather but just wondering about rain drops on the lens. The footage would probably be unusable anyway on that basis.

As someone who flys in the Rain every chance they get I can tell you a few things about flying the Mavic in the Rain.

FIrst rain drops do not Ruin the video , they can lessen the quality , but also add some emotional grit to the scene at hand.

Rain Drops are not the end all of recording video as rain drop can easily run off the lens and leave very little trace.

On occasion if the lens were to somehow get really hammered with drops of rain you can Program your 5D or C2 Button on the controller to shake the Camera Quickly up and down and get the lens clear of rain or snow or debris.

In toll rain can bring realism and a peaceful place to fly without all the people and at times this can be a good thing when you have a job get done and you dont want people to get in your way, rain is a great time to finish the jobs.

With that said we have found the camera on the Mavic to be so well protected that it really takes an extremely windy rain to lessen the quality of the video.

If you keep your camera pointed downward from the very beginning of the flight can protect your camera from getting a single drop of rain in the harshest of down pours. very cool but most of the time that is not needed as it rarely pours down rain that hard for straight down as you can angle up and still not get any rain on the lens.

Most of the time we are flying in the rain, it does not even show up on the recording , it takes a pouring hard rain for that to appear on your Camera Recording.

Some times its just the threat of Rain , or the Panic of Rain that can ruin a Pilot and the drone, knowing you have lessened the Risk by Gearing up your Drone with a Mavic Wet Suit can make you a better Pilot by just being ready for when life comes at you.

If you make money with your drone , the Wet Suit is a fantastic tool in your arsenal , knowing that it does not influence your
drone in any negative way is Phantom Rains biggest achievement. That goes for both the Mavic Wet Suits and the Phantoms.

The video may be lessened but it gets the job done, with a little emotional grit for the viewer. If i was your client , I would be giving you a BONUS , lol

Last edited:
How would any of this keep water from the motors?

The Aluminum Brushless Motors are already designed to negotiate water , so really the motors are not a threat .
We posted a video of how the Motors do underwater on the Phantomrain.org web site.

Your biggest threat is the Battery and the Power Button on the Mavics as they are very prone to moisture.
meaning that water gets inside really easy , which is cause for alarm if you get caught in the rain or the snow of just fly in humid conditions

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the Storm.
coal

Motors dont need rain to suck in sediment or grit or dirt or sand that can happpen at any time, this is why all the Phantom and Mavic Wet Suits come with the Prop Covers designed to make the Props Tighter and keep out the Debris making the Mavic not so susceptible to it.

As far as the motors go we have well over a 100 flights in the rain and have yet to have any ESC errors do to friction on the motors and we fly in some serious rain .
But if we did , we would let you know. The prop covers do a good job at stopping this from happening on every day flying.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the Storm

We are still offering the TWILIGHT WET SUITS for the Forum members:

The Wet Suits come with 4 Color designs to fit your back drop
Once you have your Mavic Geared up with a Wet Suit there is no reason why you would ever take it off and its always ready to fly, no hassle.

Comes with 4 battery covers,
Email me [email protected] will send you an invoice for both US and International waters.

Works with both the Mavic Pro / Mavic Platinum / Mavic 2 zoom / Mavic 2 Pro

OK guys I have cleaned this thread pretty hard as it had went off topic with another vender trying to throw it off course . This is going to stop. There is no need in it .
Carry on on the OP's thread but nothing else .
Also if you have an issue with this message me Do Not Post It .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78