DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Raleigh Area Flight Locations

treyhanks

Reactions
Hello All. I live in Raleigh and am new to the drone world. I have read and researched all of the information I can on do's and don'ts. It kills me that there is no definitely "rules" to abide by (other than line of site, 400ft, national/state parks). I'm creating this thread in hopes others will chime in, locally, with info. Flight locations and things they've learned, others may not know. I want to be legal and want to make sure I'm abiding by the rules. This is a difficult thing to do with decent scenery considering most places to fly are public. National parks, state parks, airports, helipads. It's just crazy.

Reactions: Budmancan
I am moving near you end of June, Whitsett.

There are some nice fly zones around here and only one local airport; in manned tower.

We can get together if you wish

Reactions: treyhanks
I am moving near you end of June, Whitsett.

There are some nice fly zones around here and only one local airport; in manned tower.

We can get together if you wish
Count me in, another Raleigh newbie. Gotta travel, that's the beauty of the Mav!

Hello All. I live in Raleigh and am new to the drone world. I have read and researched all of the information I can on do's and don'ts. It kills me that there is no definitely "rules" to abide by (other than line of site, 400ft, national/state parks). I'm creating this thread in hopes others will chime in, locally, with info. Flight locations and things they've learned, others may not know. I want to be legal and want to make sure I'm abiding by the rules. This is a difficult thing to do with decent scenery considering most places to fly are public. National parks, state parks, airports, helipads. It's just crazy.

Two great place to fly in Raleigh are Dothea Dix Park and Spring Forest Road Park. Both have large open spaces and not many people around.

Hey guys! I live in Nashville, TN now but went to NC State in Raleigh. Haven't been back in about 8 or 9 years though. Just dropping in to say hi.

Hey guys! I live in Nashville, TN now but went to NC State in Raleigh. Haven't been back in about 8 or 9 years though. Just dropping in to say hi.
Well how 'bout it! I'll be in Nashvegus for work the week of June 19th. Was debating whether or not to bring Wilbur(my Mav). I think I'll have some time that Friday. Have any suggestions on where would be cool to fly. I def would like to get some footage at Centnnial Park.

Hi Guys,
Just got first drone, Mavic, last week. Any places around Durham/Southpoint area that folks have flown around?
We have some open fields around us, but those get boring after a few days even as much fun as I've had with all the modes and features.
Thanks!

I don't think it's a good place to fly. Pretty heavily wooded except for the pond.

Hello, All.
Does anyone know if there are any clear and safe areas near the RTP/Durham area?
I attempted to do a quick drive around Jordan Lake but got a little mixed up as far as where I was and never located a safe fly zone that wasn't someone else's property.

Hello, All.
Does anyone know if there are any clear and safe areas near the RTP/Durham area?
I attempted to do a quick drive around Jordan Lake but got a little mixed up as far as where I was and never located a safe fly zone that wasn't someone else's property.
AirMap.io
There are private airports. You just need to call and get permission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb