DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Rallying in the woods (for a while)

Slipurson

Reactions
Had the opportunity to film some Rallying.. for about 15 minutes before it found a pinetree and I realized that Ihad no new props with me... (lesson learned ?)

Rallycars:

Pinetreecontact:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1TenaciousG
This is just a personal view point but unless this was pre arranged I'd be wary of flying low in front of a rally car for fear that it might distract the driver.

Had the opportunity to film some Rallying.. for about 15 minutes before it found a pinetree and I realized that Ihad no new props with me... (lesson learned {:4_109:})

Rallycars:

Pinetreecontact:
Great video! Makes me miss my Mavic Air. I learned to fly/film using one of these, then sold it to upgrade to several, newer DJI drones, but my Air will always hold a special place, in my heart! Hopefully, my new Air 2 will provide as much enjoyment as the original did. Waiting on a new replacement craft, as the one I recieved had a defect with its cooling fan, that I discovered on day one of its arrival. Not only did DJI ship the replacement IMMEDIATELY, they also included a set of prop guards, and 3 complete sets of props, on top of what already came with the Fly More Combo. Can't wait to compare it to the original Air, along with the rest of my DJI Fleet! Thanks for sharing your video!

This is just a personal view point but unless this was pre arranged I'd be wary of flying low in front of a rally car for fear that it might distract the driver.
I was never that low over the cars, filming in 4K and then using just the lower part of the video gives a nice feeling of beeing close to the cars.

Also the drivers had been told that them would be filmed with a drone at that stage.

Great video! Makes me miss my Mavic Air. I learned to fly/film using one of these, then sold it to upgrade to several, newer DJI drones, but my Air will always hold a special place, in my heart! Hopefully, my new Air 2 will provide as much enjoyment as the original did. Waiting on a new replacement craft, as the one I recieved had a defect with its cooling fan, that I discovered on day one of its arrival. Not only did DJI ship the replacement IMMEDIATELY, they also included a set of prop guards, and 3 complete sets of props, on top of what already came with the Fly More Combo. Can't wait to compare it to the original Air, along with the rest of my DJI Fleet! Thanks for sharing your video!
Thanks, I owned a few husband before I got me a DJI Spark and with that I got hooked on these types of drones. Later I got me this Air and I really like it, I guess I could upgrade to a 2 but I don't really see myself needing it for what I do with it.

The one thing I do not like is the use if WiFi to connect, I would like Occusync, but then again I never fly that far away from the homepoint.

Thanks, I owned a few husband before I got me a DJI Spark and with that I got hooked on these types of drones. Later I got me this Air and I really like it, I guess I could upgrade to a 2 but I don't really see myself needing it for what I do with it.

The one thing I do not like is the use if WiFi to connect, I would like Occusync, but then again I never fly that far away from the homepoint.
I don't tend to fly overly long flights either, but, since I got the Mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2, I've become a big fan of the Occusync technology. Even when taking shorter flights, the signal strength, when flying in congested, urban areas, or any other terrain that isn't optimal to VLOS, is incredible! With this tech, areas that were virtually unflyable, in the past, are now accessible to me. It's really worth picking up, when you're able.

Nice, I guess post number 2 was right on, except it distracted the drone pilot. If that car goes off the road its tree city.

I found the crash video more entertaining.......HAHAHAHA Just Kidding!

Those cars look like they get moving pretty fast. Good work!

I found the crash video more entertaining.......HAHAHAHA Just Kidding!

Those cars look like they get moving pretty fast. Good work!
I find it funnier myself also, Since i only lost a propeller ?

Yeah they have great control at those speeds also.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly