DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Boosters

Ok, I tested the same Antenna booster over a super long distance (10km+)

My drone is on FCC mode, 5.8Ghz Auto (dual band but it loves to stay in 5.8GHz).

Without the booster, I notice that at various distances between 5 and 8km on the way out, that sometimes the signal will drop to 2 bars. At the same time if I maintain my RC at the drone (more or less), and attach the booster it will add at most 1bar of signal. Sometimes for heck of it I dismount the booster and usually I see the signal does drop by 1bar. Between 4km and 10km I may have dismounted the booster like 4 times, just to see the effect, but mostly kept it on for safety. That said, in my flight on the return at roughly 9km I could get 3 bars (Orange) without the booster. On the way out it could have dropped to 3 bars with the booster at the same distance.

This is also same for the return flight. But generally speaking I think return flight signal was stronger with or without the booster compared to the flight outwards.

For me, I consider this money well spent and it works, just don't expect a miracle. 1 bar of signal is handy when you are at long distance or poor signal strength.

I paid US$6 for it...I will keep this with me wherever / whenever I can.
i would love to know what battery you are using to get back home from 8km +.....i flew 6022 metres out yesterday in ideal conditions landed with only 18% battery .post a video if you can that would be very welcome.

i would love to know what battery you are using to get back home from 8km +.....i flew 6022 metres out yesterday in ideal conditions landed with only 18% battery .post a video if you can that would be very welcome.
That's my battery....its not a standard battery.

I don't have videos, was quite frankly scared out of my wits when I was at 10km and at around 59% percent on the turn around....after a few km's the battery % dropped but the view was still very similar, and I was over water.

I don't have videos, was quite frankly scared out of my wits when I was at 10km and at around 59% percent on the turn around....after a few km's the battery % dropped but the view was still very similar, and I was over water.
Wow thats awesome well done ,thats the furthest ive seen.?

• Wow
Reactions: lee82gx
I have a pair of yagis for my MA2 and it 'can' improve signal strength in certain instances but its by no means a guarantee. Same goes with the yagi or parabolics on the MM. Combining the yagi and parabolic on the MM seems to offer the more consistent improvement but even then I've removed or added them midlfight at distance and not always seen a drastic change one way or the other.

Reactions: lee82gx

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S