DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extender antenna Mavic mini

all they do is concentrate the signal in one direction, they will not stop interference from outside sources, and you have to make sure that they are always pointed towards the drone , by all means give them a try, but you might find that you are losing the signal more as you fly around,especially if you are a fair way out, as the MM is small and hard to see at times
Thankyou

For thise who have bought a set. Which one would recommend?

this is not to extend range both merely keep a stronger signal. Lots of interference in my surroundings and I would like to know if this could help.

I have run some tests over the last days and can confirm that in both countryside and city environments, the combination of:

a) CE transmitter, yagi antennas, sunnylife reflectors, .500 firmware and no FCC hack

performs about 10-20% better than

b) CE transmitter, yagi antennas, .400 firmware and FCC hack.

Much to my surprise, the yagi+reflector combo works wonders. Without boosting with fcc hack (which is disabled with the .500 firmware) I’ve been able to pull more than 600 meters in a dense, urban environment.

I have run some tests over the last days and can confirm that in both countryside and city environments, the combination of:

a) CE transmitter, yagi antennas, sunnylife reflectors, .500 firmware and no FCC hack

performs about 10-20% better than

b) CE transmitter, yagi antennas, .400 firmware and FCC hack.

Much to my surprise, the yagi+reflector combo works wonders. Without boosting with fcc hack (which is disabled with the .500 firmware) I’ve been able to pull more than 600 meters in a dense, urban environment.
Hi Friend.
May i ask where you can buy these Yagi + Reflector combo? I'm interested in purchasing for my drone. Not to exceed visual line of sight but to strengthen signal in any condition. My drone is only 3 days old and already i have had issues losing signal in less than 250 meters so to have a strong signal at that range would be really good.
Again, i dont plan to fly super long distances. I don't see the need to endanger such an expensive piece of kit by doing that.

Hi Friend.
May i ask where you can buy these Yagi + Reflector combo? I'm interested in purchasing for my drone. Not to exceed visual line of sight but to strengthen signal in any condition. My drone is only 3 days old and already i have had issues losing signal in less than 250 meters so to have a strong signal at that range would be really good.
Again, i dont plan to fly super long distances. I don't see the need to endanger such an expensive piece of kit by doing that.

Hey there captain, they come separately, not as a combo. Both works on their own, but together they form a formidable synergy. Check Aliexpress for cheapest prices.

Reactions: Captain Winkie
I saw something called a "Parayagi" which is a combination of both for the MM.
I just recently came across a channel on youtube that discussed the differences between the two in quite some detail and they even flew the Mavic Mini out with both.

It was explained that the Yagi's have very narrow focused signal so you have to be aimed straight at the aircraft to get the benefits out of it.
And the parabolic mirrors have wider signal but they fade over distance more than the Yagi's.

I can see why some would opt for both. My issue is that i have discovered recently that FCC craft have greater signal range and so people in the States can fly their craft further without signal loss. Unfortunately I am in New Zealand so i don't have an FCC Mavic Mini, so i lose signal very quickly even in wide open areas away from urban spaces where there can be some signal interference.

I mean i am happy with the Mavic Mini, its just i want to have strong reliable signal even if i don't venture too far from the homepoint. I only have my Mavic Mini for 3 weeks and already the handful of times i ventured out (around 300m) i have experienced some signal loss and choppy video feeds.

Although very impressive distance, my first thought as watching the above video is the danger involved in flying above all those people. Also, don’t CG choppers and small planes regularly fly that beach? Sorry, just my thoughts.

What!? (th)... drops the price of 50 POUNDS ?

You can find a good silicone pairs of those Yagi/Uda boosters for 7 GBP on Aliexpress. Where does he spend all that many Pounds? My goodness if that isn't questionable.

Although very impressive distance, my first thought as watching the above video is the danger involved in flying above all those people. Also, don’t CG choppers and small planes regularly fly that beach? Sorry, just my thoughts.
Ive lived here all my life of 54 years and I've got over 2000 flight hours with the mini, half that right there on my beach. When I did that video I had 4 spotters and If you notice, if not watch again, you'll never see me go over top of anyone, it was during the covid season so the beach was dead all summer. Not to mention that that that rule of not flying over people is no longer a rule. It was a ridiculous rule that was never thought through. Think about it... if I'm traveling 20 to 30 mph 200 to 400 altitude and people are mostly moving as well and then factor in wind do you think the drone is gonna just come straight down at the global position it was at if it lost power? I have much more chance hitting someone I was never above by the time it hits ground

Ive lived here all my life of 54 years and I've got over 2000 flight hours with the mini, half that right there on my beach. When I did that video I had 4 spotters and If you notice, if not watch again, you'll never see me go over top of anyone, it was during the covid season so the beach was dead all summer. Not to mention that that that rule of not flying over people is no longer a rule. It was a ridiculous rule that was never thought through. Think about it... if I'm traveling 20 to 30 mph 200 to 400 altitude and people are mostly moving as well and then factor in wind do you think the drone is gonna just come straight down at the global position it was at if it lost power? I have much more chance hitting someone I was never above by the time it hits ground
Thank you for your comment tho, been waiting to have to explain all that and more to someone. I should just copy and past that to my clipboard that I can paste everywhere I post that video lol. BTW this is also a mini we are talking about. 250 grams isn't gonna seriously hurt anyone. Might get a few stitches or lump and a headache but its not gonna hurt anyone. Not that that would matter to the person at the moment but considering the weight of other drones that could potentially really hurt someone the mini is the mini for a reason. They didn't just make up a random number of 250 grams without a reason. Its not gonna be falling at terminal velocity either. It'll fall but its more of a floating fall

To answer your question... yes there's more military aircraft than probably any where else on the planet. Huge military town. But they fly above 400 I fly below 400. Thats not even a possibility as long as everyone follows their rules. I mostly fly between 100 and 200 unless im doing something like that in which case i try to stay around 375ish. If a black hawk or F18 is flying that low at a tourist beach then even without my drone even being a thing, that pilot needs to never fly again and I'm sure his bosses would see to it. So see... although there's n0 lack of people wanting to find fault with others flying, its a given to me, especially when they see those others doing something they can't do or even better aren't mentally capable of doing im a safe pilot and have all my answers ready ready already. Mainly cuz I've thought of all those same things and probably many others before I do them. Even if I'm following rules there's real hazards out there that are legal that I won't do. Thanks for your concern BTW

Last edited:

I'm more surprised you didn't mention my battery life on that trip. Thats something any good drone pilot would have noticed and possibly would have had something negative to say about. But guess what? I know what I'm doing apparently. There are some things that can't be taught or shouldn't be taught as well. If you don't see it for yourself then it's probably not a good idea to try to teach it someone. But if asked, I can certainly explain it. Now whether that person can comprehend it or not enough to realize I'm 1000% right is another thing. I can't make someone comprehend everything that I do. To those people, I just seem lucky ALL THE TIME. LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929