DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extender antenna Mavic mini

Mimmacks

Reactions
Hi, anyone got any experience with the antenna range boosters available on eBay?
Are these worth buying or just a gimmick?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-08-23-15-27-399_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-08-23-15-27-399_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 96
all they do is concentrate the signal in one direction, they will not stop interference from outside sources, and you have to make sure that they are always pointed towards the drone , by all means give them a try, but you might find that you are losing the signal more as you fly around,especially if you are a fair way out, as the MM is small and hard to see at times

there are like 100s of threads and posts about range extenders in this forum. Why people are so obsessed with range is beyond me but you only have to scroll through a few pages to get all your questions answered.

Reactions: scro
Yagi antenna booster are better, see bellow

I disagree. I feel the test is valid under those specific circumstances. However, another set of circumstances, like flying in a WiFi rich environment, may produce a different outcome. ??‍♂️

Reactions: Capt KO
Yes, reflectors work well, but focus a narrow beam. The standard ones cast a wider, shorter beam.

I disagree. I feel the test is valid under those specific circumstances. However, another set of circumstances, like flying in a WiFi rich environment, may produce a different outcome. ??‍♂️

How will it be different ?

I said it may be different. Someone will have to try it and see.
It's just simple physics. Given a level of interference, the stronger the signal, the further the distance. The effectiveness of the reflector in extending the range is still there.

Just want to say that the test was done for 5.8GHz. Not sure if the reflector works for 2.4 GHz .

I recently bought a pair of yagi extenders.
Soon I will test them out to see how much range I will get.when I do. I will post a video of the test flight.
I have watched a lot of videos on the yagi antennas. I hope they will work great.[emoji848]

How many millimeters from the top of the antenna's should those yagi's be mounted and is it different between the 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz yagi's?
I read somewhere he middle of the metal rods should be 28mm from the top of the antenna's, but I'm not sure whether that was for the 2.4 or 5.8

How many millimeters from the top of the antenna's should those yagi's be mounted and is it different between the 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz yagi's?
I read somewhere he middle of the metal rods should be 28mm from the top of the antenna's, but I'm not sure whether that was for the 2.4 or 5.8
If you have got the FCC version, it's running on 5.8GHz only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan